autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Geno

Yep, says it's set to muscle. Not sure what's up. :/

Also, once I can get this working, at what level do you recommend I use love songs to kill stuff?

Geno

So wait, what should I have my autoattack set to? Right now it's on attack with weapon but that's obviously a problem for the elementalists.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
IIRC, the only things that are guaranteed to hit all the monsters are Hobopolis spells and items (e.g. divines / love songs). So... unless you want to spend a lot of meat recovering MP, don't bother with an autoattack.

tgetgel

I used a CCS for these as a seal clubber. For example
[ headed hydra ]
1: item chloroform rag
2: item love song of vague ambiguity

[ dimensional horror ]
1: item chloroform rag
2: item love song of smoldering passion
etc

Research and/or trial and error (Get a variety of love songs and try them to see which works best for each).

Geno

So what should I set for my combat settings? If I have autoattack set I can't hit physical resists, and if I set it to smartstasis I get this error.

[64422] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 131)
Encounter: The Beast with 1,842 Eyes
Round 0: geno loses initiative!
You lose 274 hit points
(unable to macrofy due to action: consult smartstasis.ash)
Initializing items and effects...
Items and effects initialization complete!
KoLmafia thinks it is round 2 but KoL thinks it is round 1
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
You don't seem to be in the basement, quitting
You're on your own, partner.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Actually, with the advent of combat macros, you could probably set your autoattack to a combat macro that uses the respective items.

But anyway, I forget what exactly is the cause of that bug. Since there's no feasible reason to stasis in the Basement, try removing that from your CCS?

Geno

IIRC, the only things that are guaranteed to hit all the monsters are Hobopolis spells and items (e.g. divines / love songs). So... unless you want to spend a lot of meat recovering MP, don't bother with an autoattack.
Oh, sorry. I didn't see this post before.

I'm considering love songs since that's easy to work with but I'd like to see how far I can get without them. Also, I don't know how to mafia without an autoattack >_>. Is there something I can set in my CCS to let this script macrofy? If I leave the CCS blank it automatically delevels and plinks. If I can't get that to work I'll probably just make a love song macro.

Geno

No, no. I think we have a misunderstanding.

Does autobasement.ash have its own macros that it uses depending on the monster you're fighting? If so I have no idea how to get them to work. Putting anything into the CCS causes kolmafia to display "(unable to macrofy due to action: delevel)" where delevel changes based on the CCS title. I guess I'll have to make my own macros, but it'd be nice if this was fixed.

jasonharper

Developer
"unable to macrofy" isn't an error; it just means that mafia is reverting to the old round-by-round combat automation method, because it has no macro equivalent for the indicated command.

"delevel" isn't useful in the Basement, anyway; it only works right against monsters that mafia has exact stats for, so that it can determine the amount of deleveling needed. Something like "skill eggsplosion" or "item divine noisemaker" would work, and would be macrofiable.

slyz

Developer
autobasement.ash doesn't handle the combats, it just lets Mafia do whatever it is setup to do. You can only, as has been pointed out already, choose which stat you want the script to buff before the fights (it's muscle by default).

You not only have to prepare a CCS, but also choose "custom combat script" as your Action. If you action was "delevel and plink", then yes, your combats didn't have much chance of succeeding.

Geno

I just chose delevel and plink because that's the default option when you don't have anything in your CCS. I knew it wouldn't be successful. >_>

Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me. The first post made it out like the whole thing was automated, including combats. Glad to know this isn't actually a bug.

Thanks peeps.

Geno

Ack, new problem.

Basement level 304: HP Test
Putting on Gauntlet...
Equipment changed.
unable to buff hp to 11366, quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 0 out of 55 adventures.
Putting on Muscle...
Equipment changed.

slyz

Developer
Why was it unable to buff to 11366 HP? That seems like a lot of HP, how much DA do you have with the Gauntlet outfit? And did the script use any +HP or +Mus buffs before quitting?

Winterbay

Hmm... Mine does not even seem to try to put on my Gauntlet outfit atm. That outfit has a DA of 1000+ but instead it uses some other dressup rule and ends up with 750 in DA and thus fails to buff me high enough to pass the test.

slyz

Developer
autobasement.ash only tries to maximize HP for the Gauntlet, betting that DA will be maximized too. In order to stop the script from using a different Gauntlet outfit, put on yours, save it as "Gauntlet", and change line 267 to:
PHP:
cli_execute("maximize " + maximize_familiar);
This way your custom Gauntlet outfit will be used.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
If refresh status doesn't solve your problem, try these CLI thingies and post the results:
my_hp
my_maxhp
get_property recoveryScript