PriceAdvisor: Maximize your profits

zarqon

I don't think either of those files are being maintained. The fairly recent update date is due to my server changing namespaces. ZLib references use_for_items in has_goal (and therefore any dependent script also does), so maybe I should have a crack at updating that file if no one else does.

Theraze

Well, as I pointed out, use_for_items avoids those because it would break PA and any other scripts in the meantime which have created those exceptions for items that vary by circumstance such as the FGF, MPE, and dead mimic. Unless a new official version of PA is spun (so that people will get update notifications) that will understand the updated version, it's probably best for zlib to use a different data file with an updated format rather than just making PA no longer work as accurately due to doubled items.

zarqon

Yeah, I was referring more to any "container" items which have been added to the game in, say, the last two or three years. I strongly doubt any of them are in there!

Saklad5

I don’t suppose anyone could take over maintaining this? It’s an incredibly useful script, after all, and I’m tired of getting recommendations involving wrapping paper.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I don’t suppose anyone could take over maintaining this? It’s an incredibly useful script, after all, and I’m tired of getting recommendations involving wrapping paper.

Did you read the first post and try setting either priceAdvisor_obeyPriceLimit or priceAdvisor_conservative?

Saklad5

Yes, and while I haven’t tried using them, it doesn’t sound like either will help at all. I don’t want it to obey my price limit, and I want it to consider items that are not priced at double their auto-sell value.

I’d like to be able to blacklist certain items from being considered. It keeps recommending I craft a present, even though that has literally only been sold once ever. It is sufficiently rare to be above considering, regardless of how much capital you have.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I was suggesting that the script might very well accomplish what you want although not by the means you suggest. AFAIK obeying a price limit that is less that the current price for wrapping paper or closeting your boxen and wrapping papers should give the same effect i.e. not suggesting presents.

Perhaps you should consider trying that and then replacing your complaint "I’m tired of getting recommendations involving wrapping paper." with a specific questions - how do I do this? or "can this be modified to do...?" Perhaps you really are asking for a (probably) new script where sales volume according to Coldfront is a major factor in recommendations?

Saklad5

I’m sorry if it seemed like I was complaining. I often modify scripts to suit my needs, and I could do so here.

The reason I was asking if someone could assume maintenance is that problems like that will continue to crop up. This is an extremely popular script, and the author has not been active for over seven years. It’s frankly amazing it still works this well.