bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

natnit

Yeah, this problem was raised before. I'm not exactly sure what to do about it, as I can't replicate the problem. I think it's possible that it's some kind of Mafia setting, as some are getting it and some aren't.

Edit: Do you HAVE a display case? Apparantly this issue may be caused by not having one.

Yeah, I went poking through the code, and saw your intended solution. Looked pretty nifty.

I do have one, but it may be caused by the fact that I'm in HC at the moment. Will try it again once I've broken prism. Trying to rack my brain for an elegant solution of this leaves me with nothing.

P.S. You should update the "snapshot <unrecognized>" to include some of the new arguments you've added!

Thanks!

bumcheekcity

I don't understand. I don't HAVE a solution to the problem at this point :p

And it's not caused by Hardcore. I have another character in HC (but with a DC) and he doesn't have that problem. Also, another character out of HC but without a DC didn't experience the problem. I'll keep testing.

natnit, have you got anything in your display case? I encountered this same issue using Jason Harper's undiscovered.ash on some DC-less characters a while ago, and the issue didn't go away until they both owned a DC and had something in it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Good call:

This display case is currently empty.
KoLmafia tries to only fetch the display case contents once. It detects "not having fetched yet" via "no items in display case list". So, every time you ask for display_amount (or whatever it is), it thinks it needs to go look.

It should believe it's own "hasDisplayCase" variable and not bother looking if that is false. That assumes that it notices when you buy once, but that's a once in (multiple) lifetime event for a character, so it;s probably not a big deal.

bumcheekcity

So you're saying I should initially check for a DC, AND whether there are any items in there, and only check for items in the DC if BOTH of those are true?

natnit

Haha, good catch guys. :)

Guess that's what I deserve for not sharing my junk with the world. I'll give it another whirl, bumcheekcity, but thanks again for the sweet scripts!

(And yeah, that seems like a pretty valid idea. No point checking DC if it's empty!)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
So you're saying I should initially check for a DC, AND whether there are any items in there, and only check for items in the DC if BOTH of those are true?
?

Where did I say that YOU should do anything? I explained KoLmafia's behavior and said that "it" (i.e. KoLmafia) should not refresh the display case when it knows you don't have one.

Terrabull

For some reason no matter what I type it just says "Unable to invoke snapshot"
I'm using 13.7, but I didn't see a minimum version requirement in the thread.

EDIT: Grabbed a daily build and now it works... kinda. I try to type "Snapshot" like it tells me to get a list of everything, but that doesn't work, other than that, the only keywords I know are skills, hobopolis, and familiars. I am trying to work out the other ones, but it would be nice to have a list somewhere.

EDIT2: Feature Request! Can you add a "War Medal" tracker? See my wiki page for example.

EDIT3: Found a few errors: Hobo Tattoo I have 1, not 19. I have a full binder, and I have the Teet tattoo. My newest run was not counted as the 100% run it is.
I didn't error check 100% of the things, but those are what stood out.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Thanks for the feedback. I'm at a bit of a wonder what to do about the hobo tattoo. I thought leaving it at 19, and only considering it "completed" if you had 19/19. Perhaps input from people on what they'd like to see?

I'll add a war medal checker, and I've fixed the hobo code binder stuff. I'll fix the teet tattoo when I get home. The 100% run was PROBABLY that it wasn't updated on koldb yet. Double check and let me know.

I'm planning on releasing this when mafia bumps the version up to 13.7, which will give me a lot of time to fix the masses of inevitable bugs that occur in such a script. I was unaware there WAS a minimum version requirement, I use dailies :S

Terrabull

My newest run hasn't been updated on koldb, you are correct.
Oh, one last thing, the final section of skills is labeled "Hobopolis" instead of "Other" I had to rename it myself.

bumcheekcity

Nevermind, got it. Version 0.7 uploaded. Added the war medal checker, fixed all tattoos and hobo code, and added the crimbo 2009 familiar/outfit.

Last edited:

Terrabull

Updated my page (check my first post for a link.)
There is a graphical anomaly in the hobopolis skills, an misc skills' headers are not in bold.
Also, The war medal thing I was referring to listed your collection of war medals (how many times you have gotten each one.) Also, I think it looks better vertically.

EDIT: Just noticed something else.
None of my Tomes or Grimores are recognized. The link to the "Tasteful" Gifts is broken. My Rainbow Gravitation is missing.
Also, I want to reiterate my request for the Hobo Tattoo to recognize which version of it you have.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

Fixed Rainbow's Gravity, Tasteful Items, bolded skill headers, added new crimbo skills.

Will add war medal checking, the option to do it vertically or horizontally, and will add the Hobo Tattoo checking too.

bumcheekcity

War medal checking is done, (although it's staying horizontal), and hobo tattoo checking added, although without checking as I don't have it at all.

Any more requests?

Last edited:

Terrabull

I can't think of anything else right now, there are lots of collection things in the game, so it feels like I'm missing something.

Anyways I don't have a request as much as a suggestion.
You could decrease the text output and the page size of all people using it massively if you used templates instead of making the tables every time.
If you aren't to familiar w/ them or how they could be used to simplify this script I could whip up something in my spare time.

If I get any spare time I will attempt to whip something up and post a link here.

Ugh, this took me far FAR to long because I'm an idiot:
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Template:Snapshot/SlimeTube

Last edited: