mafia limits?

Catch-22

Well, I guess I should clarify myself.

If you run KoLmafia from 2 different folders, they shouldn't interfere with each other. The file lock that KoLmafia uses to determine the amount of concurrent sessions is relative to the its working directory.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Well, I guess I should clarify myself.

If you run KoLmafia from 2 different folders, they shouldn't interfere with each other. The file lock that KoLmafia uses to determine the amount of concurrent sessions is relative to the its working directory.

Only on Windows. For OSX and Linux, it works differently.

holatuwol

Developer
If you wanted to use multiple instances of KoLmafia on other operating systems, and you had already put them into separate folders, you'd have to do something like:

Code:
java -DuseCWDasROOT -jar KoLmafia.jar

This was added by Jason in revision 6782, probably to let people reliably run KoLmafia on a USB drive if they switched operating systems.

Raven434

Code:
java -DuseCWDasROOT -jar KoLmafia.jar

This was added by Jason in revision 6782, probably to let people reliably run KoLmafia on a USB drive if they switched operating systems.

I owe Jason a beer for this one. My main KoL machine [Windows XP] took a dirt nap and I restored the files from a backup to a USB thumb drive and am playing from work (shhhhhh! LOL) on my Linux machine.

Minor tweaking and I am good to go!

java -DuseCWDasROOT=true -jar KoLmafia-8548.jar

Muchas Gracias!

Last edited: