Miner.ash - Automated ore farming

Tarko

I have the latest Build (15027), the Miner.ash from post ~70 but I get a "Unknown variable 'crimbonium' ()" error when i try to run your aliases.

Any idea?

SOLUTION:

Miner.ash from post 67 is NOT the same at the one from post 70... poor reading skills is me.

Tarko

How would you mix both?

So far adventflask only works once (you cannot do adventflask 5 for 5 iteration for example) and adventncmine doesnt use any flask.

How would you do a alias that goes in the mine but uses a flask (or two) before to be sure you have at least a positive buff beforehand?

rhesuspieces00

Hey, I've been lurking this thread and wanted to add a few thoughts that might be useful. I write some code, but I don't think I'll have enough free time to familiarize myself with KoL scripting to contribute soon enough to do much good. However...

I would consider forking Miner.ash. This mining scenario will disappear at the end of Crimbo 2014 in January, and after that all your changes will just be useless legacy code that should to be stripped or commented out. It's just that much more cruft future contributors have to grok when they want to make changes. This should also make debugging a bit easier, since the crimbo mining scenario (Mine5) is simpler than most of the other mines. You could probably strip Miner.ash down to a pretty short, clean script...

That said, getting to the script to recognize the 6 contiguous "promising" squares and differentiating them from cave-ins may be a little bit trickier than it immediately seems. Fortunately, this is a problem that has been solved many times. Just google "boggle solver" and you'll find a lot of examples. The mining problem is just a simplified version of the much harder boggle problem. Thing is, I'm not sure how fast it'll run even stripped down. It's a popular job interview problem because there are a few ways to solve it and some run pretty fast and some run REALLY SLOW. But I have no idea how much overhead comes with the kolmafia script interpreter. Even the efficient algorithms are a bit processor intensive and might be a bit much for a .ash script.

Oh, and I wouldn't even bother trying to write the logic for when the crimbonar effect isn't active. Just have the script buy and use mining oil until crimbonar and oily legs are both active.

Last edited:

rhesuspieces00

Something else is interesting to me about this mining scenario. (It's not related to the actual script, hence the separate post.) Mining oil is pretty cheap in the mall, since it drops way more often than the cylindrical molds or wearable items. You get the Oily Legs effect about a third of the time, which generally allows you to mine about 2-4 peppermint tailings and 6-8 nuggets of crimbonium WITHOUT spending any turns. Selling the crimbonium and tailings (if you cook them with a skewer or whatever) yields more meat than the cost of 3 flasks of mining oil, so there's some arbitrage here. It assumes there is sufficient demand for the crimbonium and lollipops/nog, but in theory you could mine forever without spending turns and make some meat in the process.

Wolfboss

Ezandora's script is wonderful for getting Crimbonium.

I do have 2 requests though to diversify farming options.
1. Just the easily reachable peppermint trailings. (
2. Everything valuable.

Why? I'm taking a guess that we won't need more Crimbonium than cylindrical molds, but we can always use excellent quality consumables.

Crowther

Wrote a script for the crimbo mine. It targets the six contiguous crimboniums using set theory. Not mathematically perfect mining, but works okay.
Very nice script, but it's an effect-burning script, not turn-burning script. ;)

I'm now using this to get outfitted.
Code:
outfit High-Rad;
maximize -2 muscle, hp, -hat, -weapon, -pants, equip Xiblaxian holo-wrist-puter;

I just finished writing a script for this, mine is pretty lame in the sense I mine all the easy to obtain peppermint tailings and then I analyze the sparkly ore. If there are 6 contiguous sparkly ore, I mine them. If there are 7, I skip the mine. If there are 8 or more I analyze the groups (using Elite's 24 hour no sleep logic) setting them up in clusters and seeing how many are in a cluster. If there is only 6 in one of them, I mine those otherwise I skip.

Ezandora

Updated the script with more safety code.

1. Just the easily reachable peppermint trailings. (
Hmm. Which are those? In theory, all peppermint trailings are equally reachable - you just mine out the entire mine, ignoring cave-ins.

This is possible, and crimbonium will probably have too much supply. Should I add an option that mines out every cavern, ignoring cave-ins? If I added that, it'd only activate if you have as at least as many nuggets of crimbonium as cylindrical molds.

2. Everything valuable.
Ah, not sure what you mean... there's only three things you can find in the mine: the xiblaxian crystals, the nuggets of Crimbonium, and peppermint tailings. Fine in the mind.

rhesuspieces00

Mining oil was nerfed pretty good today. Now grants 3 turns of oily legs, 3 turns of loose joints, or 10 turns of crimbonar. So much for mining arbitrage.

fxer

Anyone run into an infinite loop lately in miner.ash, calling free_mine() just says "section already mined" infinitely if your health is at 0 and it doesn't seem to recover anymore?

Acreation

it's 2021 and i am still getting the
Bad location value: "Outskirts of The Knob" (miner.ash, line 141)
message, too.