Damage dealt

Paragon

Is there any builtin or commonly used function to determine the actual amount of damage that your last action caused to an enemy? I know it is hidden somewhere deep within the bowels of fightoptimizer, but I wasn't sure if there was a more recent or more stable method...

zarqon

You could just flag monster_hp() in one round, then compare it to monster_hp() in the following round. This would ensure that you are using mafia's latest methods of damage detection. It would also be prone to whatever errors might materialize in mafia's latest methods. :)

But that would find out the damage your attack did, plus retailation damage, plus passive damage, plus any other sources of damage during that turn.
Maybe fishing from fight.php with a visit_url, searching for weapon/skill specific message?

zarqon

Looked at fight.php -- you may be able to strip integers from the contents of the fourth <table>. I'm sure there are exceptions, but it would be far easier to code those than to enter in every string that causes damage (accounting for both singular/plural opponents and Sword Behind).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
And don't forget -- you'd want to look for an integer bounded by spaces, as otherwise you might run into problems if a number is part of an item name. You'd also have to make exceptions so it doesn't catch stuff like "334 scroll".

zarqon

Actually, no -- elemental damage is not surrounded by spaces. It's better to remove item names and then strip integers.