Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Building from the SVN?

Default Re: Building from the SVN?

Ok, I am completely confused:

1: I don't know how to download Apache Ant, there install page is extremely unhelpful and uninformational, the main things, is what do I use to execute these commands?! Is it simply Command Prompt?

2: I do not know where to download this JDK 1.5, if 1.5 is the LATEST version... I found this: https://sdlc1e.sun.com/ECom/EComActi...4AAC028C7C3BDF But that says "JDK version 6"...

3: "SVN client" is not on that page... I assume you mean SVN 1.4.4 setup?
    Looking for a script? Unable to find one that will do what you want? Don't know how to modify it? Send me a message, I will attempt to help you in anyway I am able to.

1: http://www.mirrorgeek.com/apache.org...-1.7.0-bin.zip
    yes, Command prompt

2: http://java.sun.com/javaee/downloads/index.jsp click download with JDK, newer versions work.

3: yes

Here's my output from revision 4675, also, typing "svnversion -n" correctly displays "4675". However, I also get the Kolmaifa-${revision} output for the file name.
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN>ant daily
    Buildfile: build.xml

clean:
       [delete] Deleting directory C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN\build

update:
         [exec] Error validating server certificate for 'https://kolmafia.svn.sourceforge.net:443':
         [exec]  - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the
         [exec]    fingerprint to validate the certificate manually!
         [exec] Certificate information:
         [exec]  - Hostname: *.svn.sourceforge.net
         [exec]  - Valid: from Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:05:58 GMT until Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:05:58 GMT
         [exec]  - Issuer: Equifax Secure Certificate Authority, Equifax, US
         [exec]  - Fingerprint: f2:6c:fe:bb:82:92:30:09:72:dd:1c:b3:e7:56:69:c7:7a:df:67:3e
         [exec] (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/svnroot/kolmafia'
         [exec] svn: PROPFIND of '/svnroot/kolmafia': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://kolmafia.svn.sourceforge.net)
         [exec] Result: 1

version:
         [echo] Current revision: 4675

init:
        [mkdir] Created dir: C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN\build

daily:

init:

build:
        [javac] Compiling 239 source files to C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN\build
         [copy] Copying 85 files to C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN\build
         [copy] Copying 5 files to C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN\build
          [jar] Building jar: C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN\dist\KoLmafia-${revision}.jar

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
    Total time: 18 seconds
    C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN>

Developer

Interesting. I've committed a potential fix.

Code:
          [jar] Building jar: C:\Documents and Settings\Josh\Desktop\KoLMafia\My Edited SVN\dist\KoLmafia-4677.jar
    Success! Thanks. And, it is correct that the only difference between the alpha and daily target, is that the daily puts the revision number in the file name, ya?

Developer

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=374.msg5447#msg5447 date=1186640764]
    And, it is correct that the only difference between the alpha and daily target, is that the daily puts the revision number in the file name, ya?
    [/quote]

The daily target also does an update from the repository before being generated.

[quote author=holatuwol link=topic=374.msg5448#msg5448 date=1186641869]

The daily target also does an update from the repository before being generated.
    [/quote]

Awesome thanks hola it works fine now.

You can follow me on twitter @fewyn

I always update my local repository by hand using tortoisesvn.
    But from what I read if I use the command "ant daily" it will automatically download the latest updates and build the version with the correct version number already in the name.

Now can someone explain me how to install the cli svn client or where to put the svn files?
    I can't figure it out at all.

When I use ant daily it names it Kolmafia-0.jar so perhaps it is "ant daily x" where x is the build number? I will try tomorrow and see.

I never really get the hang of Subversion by itself on my machine so I'm probably not the best to answer this, but there is what looks like a pretty good walkthrough of the subversion cli, installation and where it will put he files here

https://www.projects.dev2dev.bea.com...ndLineSVN.html

When I use ant daily I get "KoLmafia-${revision}.jar" exactly. No version number.