Add Buffbot

Pyro Kittens

though the list of buff bots the KoLmafia offers is rather comprehensive, it would be nice if there wer an add a buff bot button. If a standard were set for having the buff prices and buffs offered in the profile and you could enter in the name or user # and have that buffbot show up. If there is such a button and I am just blind please point it out to me.

macman104

[quote author=Pyro Kittens link=topic=366.msg2007#msg2007 date=1156192450]
though the list of buff bots the KoLmafia offers is rather comprehensive, it would be nice if there wer an add a buff bot button. If a standard were set for having the buff prices and buffs offered in the profile and you could enter in the name or user # and have that buffbot show up. If there is such a button and I am just blind please point it out to me.[/quote]All buff prices are now retrieved through an xml file accessed by mafia. If you wish to make that file, create the settings for your buffbot using mafia, and in the buffbot folder, there will be an xml file, that you need to host somewhere online.

macman104

[quote author=Pyro Kittens link=topic=366.msg2011#msg2011 date=1156223784]
I don't want to run a buffbot, I want to add buffbots to the list, but I think that what you said may help.
[/quote]If you want to run a buffbot, you need to alter the buffbots.dat file. Using the format in that file, I believe it is:

<bot player number> <tab> <bot name> <tab> <website of xml file>

I think.

BDrag0n

[quote author=macman104 link=topic=366.msg2012#msg2012 date=1156226997]
If you want to run a buffbot, you need to alter the buffbots.dat file.  Using the format in that file, I believe it is:
[/quote]

<bot name> <tab> <bot player number> <tab> <website of xml file>

</me whistles innocently>

dangerpin

I would add that you don't have to have them on a website, mafia can grab from a local xml file just as easily.

Though both eggdisk.com and fileden.com offer the kind of free hosting that would most easily allow you to share the buffbot.txt (no longer a .dat file) with others should you choose to.