Scripting the birth of a new life.

Bale

Minion
I guess I've been setting it wrong all this time. Now version 1.52 goes for stats and restoration in the Cranny. Enjoy.

Bale

Minion
Fixed in v1.53

I completely missed that old sweatpants are starter equipment for most classes now. What sense does it make that accordion thieves are the only class which doesn't wear pants?

StDoodle

Minion
Bale, the "no sweatpants for AT's" thing was a bug in the rollout that has since been fixed. (I wasn't able to find mention of this anywhere, other than one guy's notes on the old sweatpants talk page on coldfront, so I chatted with a couple of newly-ascended AT's to confirm.)

Bale

Minion
Well it was weird, so I just told my script to equip sweatpants if you've got them. I figured that should cover all bases.

Theraze

The new goofballs should be something like:
// Every ascension you can get a free sample of goofballs.
if(visit_url("tavern.php?place=susguy&pwd").contains_text("First bottle's free, man")) {
vprint("I know they're bad for me, but... \"Hey! Free Goofballs!\"", "olive", 2);
visit_url("tavern.php?action=buygoofballs&pwd");
}

Problem is, it might not be available until level 3.

Theraze

Question, would it make sense to have another script named something like "Scripting the end of an old life" or something like that as a postAscension script? Could put the parts like the goofballs check and stuff like that in there. :)

Bale

Minion
That could be worthwhile, but honestly, I'll probably just get my own goofballs when the tavern opens up for me so I doubt I'd make that script. And even if I added it to my postAscensionScript, I've already got a lot of personal stuff in my current postAscensionScript that I don't intend to publish.

Someone else might start that script if they desire.

StDoodle

Minion
There's already a preAscensionScript that can do exactly that. For safety's sake, you'd probably want to check that they were free before grabbing them (in some rare circumstances -- mostly basement related in my experience -- you may have actually used the free ones).

I've thought about putting such a script together for a while, and maybe I will. It should:
1) Get goofballs (if they're free)
2) Make pies out of all of your keys (needs fail-checking, but since the script won't fire until you're about to ascend, it doesn't hurt for it to use turns)
...and that's where I run out of ideas (which is why I haven't bothered yet).

Bale

Minion
2) Make pies out of all of your keys (needs fail-checking, but since the script won't fire until you're about to ascend, it doesn't hurt for it to use turns)

My OCD Inventory script does that for me quite nicely already!

Theraze

Yeah... if you're lazy, could just toss that bit from above on Goofballs into a script for preAscension, since that checks if they're free already. Possibly with OCD Inventory called as well.

Bale

Minion
Yeah... if you're lazy, could just toss that bit from above on Goofballs into a script for preAscension, since that checks if they're free already. Possibly with OCD Inventory called as well.

Just make sure that you don't drop 1000 meat for a second bottle of Goofballs! ;)

Bale

Minion
Incidentally, now mysticality classes get a Newbiesport™ tent when they ascend. Added it to v1.55

Theraze

Also got one on Turtle Tamer (as well as Seal Clubber). Assuming it's all at this point, not just Moxie-hate.

Bale

Minion
Well, it'll work for every class if they get the tent. The wiki only says Myst classes here and I've only been myst lately... (Only the Pasta and Sauce class pages have been updated with starting equipment...) Well, I guess I won't know about moxie classes having the tent until I get there.l

Winterbay

My AT got a tent when I ascended recently so I would venture to guess that DBs do as well.

ETA: I ascended to an AT that is... :)

StDoodle

Minion
Bale; on line 208, where you use the newb tent, you forgot to include a quantity, so the function is reported as undefined. Also, I don't WANT to automatically use my tent until my clannies have time to brick me. :(