Scripting the birth of a new life.

Winterbay

Good. Now I don't have to disable the script when I ascend into fistiness after perming that DB palm thing this run.

jwylot

The script donated a pork gem to charity on my softcore character :) Do I need to reset SellPorkForStuff manually in fistcore?

Bale

Minion
The most recent version will not sell pork in fistcore. It also won't summon stickers. It also won't try to equip anything in your hands.

jwylot

The most recent version will not sell pork in fistcore. It also won't summon stickers. It also won't try to equip anything in your hands.
Sorry for not being clearer, Bale. I grabbed the new version before ascending. Log shows:
PHP:
> Checking for updates (running newLife ver. 1.8)...
> You have a current version of newLife.
>.................
> Pork Elf stones are being autosold now to garner a detuned radio, stolen accordion and seal tooth.

autosell: 1 baconstone

StDoodle

Minion
Bale, perhaps line 254 should go from its current:
PHP:
	if(!wotsf && item_amount($item[baconstone]) > 0 || item_amount($item[hamethyst]) > 0 || item_amount($item[porquoise]) > 0) {
to:
PHP:
	if(!wotsf && (item_amount($item[baconstone]) > 0 || item_amount($item[hamethyst]) > 0 || item_amount($item[porquoise]) > 0)) {
?

Bale

Minion
jwylot , sorry. I thought you were asking what it would do if you used it. Now I understand you were reporting a bug.

StDoodle, thanks. That's definitely the problem.

Updated newLife to v1.8.1

• Script is now less charitable.

jwylot

For fisting runs, would it be an idea to set both grabCloversHardcore and grabCloversSoftcore to false? This is a global preference unfortunately which could cause issues for multis running from the same folder.

Bale

Minion
That might be a good idea, but I don't think it should be automated by newLife for the reasons that you state.

Anyway, I have my clover automation safely tucked into my loginScript where it only snatches them up when I can easily afford it. I'd suggest that you do the same.

Bale

Minion
Improved Fisting support.

Updated newLife to v1.8.2

• In Fistcore always fight Bedstands in the Bedroom even if you didn't set preference to fight.
    You don't want wallets and you can kill them like a Drunken Baby.
  • In Hardcore Fisting get meat from The Cyrpt. (Alcove, Nich and Nook only.) You need it.
    I discovered that meat isn't as tight in softcore (my experience) so I still skip noncoms.
  • Select turn 1 familiar since you start with none.
  • Smarter shield support. (It works the same, but better.)
  • Completely remove tome casting since Clip Art gives too many more interesting options.

Catch-22

WARNING!

Don't use this script for the new challenge path "Way of the Surprising Fist"! There is an interesting restriction that will cause this script to do something unpleasant. And it may break when it tries to equip your gear.

I'll be rolling out a new version as soon as mafia adds recognition of the new path.

I guess whatever it was couldn't have been too disastrous as I had used the older version twice for the start of fist runs before seeing this :|

Bale

Minion
The only disaster was selling off your pork gems to charity. That's unpleasant, but it wouldn't really harm your run. I wasn't more specific because I didn't want to give away spoilers when fistcore was so new.

Catch-22

The only disaster was selling off your pork gems to charity. That's unpleasant, but it wouldn't really harm your run. I wasn't more specific because I didn't want to give away spoilers when fistcore was so new.

Ah, well I disable auto-pork selling anyhow so that would be why it hadn't affected me :) cheers!

Bale

Minion
Ooops. My last update had an unpleasant bug! Please update if you're doing any hardcore fisting.

Updated newLife to v1.8.3

• Confused two choice adventures and had wrong options to gain meat from the crypt. Now I'm stuck with a rusty bonesaw I don't need.

Winterbay

Ooops. My last update had an unpleasant bug! Please update if you're doing any hardcore fisting.

Updated newLife to v1.8.3

• Confused two choice adventures and had wrong options to gain meat from the crypt. Now I'm stuck with a rusty bonesaw I don't need.

Yeah, I thought those settings were a bit odd. Good thing I checked the settings before starting my adventures there... :)

Bale

Minion
If only you'd pointed that out to me, I'd have 250 meat instead of a useless rusty bonesaw!

(I usually just click the automatic noncombat button in the relay browser instead of moving my mouse. Then I get surprised if it doesn't do what I thought I had scripted! That's what postAscensionScript and moodScript are supposed to do!)

Winterbay

If only you'd pointed that out to me, I'd have 250 meat instead of a useless rusty bonesaw!

(I usually just click the automatic noncombat button in the relay browser instead of moving my mouse. Then I get surprised if it doesn't do what I thought I had scripted! That's what postAscensionScript and moodScript are supposed to do!)

Well... since it last round set them to "skip" I wasn't sure if that was intended or not. It does after all prolong your ascension a bit by not doing optimal killings.