Scripting the birth of a new life.

Erich

I'm waiting to add that feature once I get a way to check for the Floundry's existence without hitting the server.

Maybe I should just hit the server anyway and change it later if mafia gives me the method?

Mafia already does the server hit upon ascension, right?

You are currently a member of [clan]
Visiting Hot Dog Stand in clan VIP lounge
Visiting Speakeasy in clan VIP lounge
Session data refreshed.

Is there a way to piggyback off this server hit to check for vipfloundry.gif?

Bale

Minion
I brought it up in the Floundry thread (with this script referenced as an example of why it was needed) so I was assuming it was just a matter of devs being busy. Hence the fact I am waiting.

Now that it was brought up here I'm just considering if I should add the server hit while I wait. I figure it will be done eventually.

Lxndr

It occurs to me that the best noncombat choices for The Source are probably stat options (even non-mainstat) for most anything (unless it's a specific combat that could progress a quest line). I'll be interested to see how you configure this for the most part.

Bale

Minion
It occurs to me that the best noncombat choices for The Source are probably stat options (even non-mainstat) for most anything (unless it's a specific combat that could progress a quest line). I'll be interested to see how you configure this for the most part.

I think it already does that for most if not all such options. If anyone finds an exception, please report it to me.

Bale

Minion
Already thought of one exception. The non-combats in the Defiled Cyrpt I have set to skip. I'm not sure if that is best.

Would it be better for them skip the adventure or get 40-60 mainstat?

Bale

Minion
I've finally upgraded this script for The Source. It is vital to get those stat points at the Defiled Cyrpt and Bedroom. It will also automatically learn all Source skills if you have 11 points.

Lxndr

It automatically tried to learn source skills while I only started with 4. I thought it would wait until 11+?

Bale

Minion
WTF?!

I did find an error in that code, but it should have ensured that it never picked skills regardless of your englightenment. That's really puzzled me so I'm commenting that out until I can test it personally.

Lxndr

I was a little surprised when it did that this morning but it picked the skills I would have picked so I was happy. :)

it picked *a* skill I would have picked early on (overclocked). but I usually go for Source Kick/Siphon for the early game, followed by Big Guns.

VladYvhuce

Already thought of one exception. The non-combats in the Defiled Cyrpt I have set to skip. I'm not sure if that is best.

Would it be better for them skip the adventure or get 40-60 mainstat?
I know that it would annoy a zombie slayer, as skipping would prevent them from getting the Hovering Skull familiar.
Also, fighting the ghoul whelps will help in clearing the Cranny faster.
Other than that, it's just personal preference. I'd rather keep the "small meat boost" option selected for the Alcove, Niche, and Nook.

Magus_Prime

One of the, very, nice things about scripts like NewLife is that you can customize it to your liking without modifying the script. Simply call it with a wrapper that changes the defaults:

Code:
import <newLife.ash>

void prep_main() {
	//auto-recover mana at xx%
	set_property("mpAutoRecovery","0.30");
	//recover mana to xx%
	set_property("mpAutoRecoveryTarget","0.50");
	//recast buffs down to xx% 
	set_property("manaBurningThreshold","0.50");
	//start recasting at xx%
	set_property("manaBurningTrigger","0.80");
	//set HP recovery
	set_property("hpAutoRecovery","0.30");
	set_property("hpAutoRecoveryTarget","0.95");

//set path specific choices
		switch (my_path()) {
		default:
		  set_choice(1106, 1, "Pet him:  Stats");
			set_choice("mpAutoRecovery", "0.2", "");
			set_choice("mpAutoRecoveryTarget", "0.5", "");			
			break;
		case "Avatar of Jarlsberg":
		  set_choice(106, 3, "Ballroom song: Items");
		  break;
		case "Avatar of Sneaky Pete":
			set_choice("mpAutoRecovery", "0.2", "");
			set_choice("mpAutoRecoveryTarget", "0.4", "");
			break;
		case "Zombie Slayer":
			if(get_property("baleUr_ZombieAuto") != "")
				set_property("baleUr_ZombieAuto", "10");
			if(get_property("baleUr_ZombieTarget") != "")
				set_property("baleUr_ZombieTarget", 30);
			break;
	}

}

void main() {
	//Bale's NewLife script
	new_ascension();

//Setting new defaults
	prep_main();
}

Save something like the above with whatever settings you like and call the new script instead of newLife.ash.

Last edited:

VladYvhuce

Cool. It may sound corny, but learning how to do stuff like this, is indeed kinda fun. Each chunk of knowledge that I can assimilate into my own pool of knowledge is one step closer to not being such a newbie.

Bale

Minion
And to think, I figured if folk were doing that sort of stuff they were editing the svn working copy. It's nice to see that people have found options to suit their personal taste.

Theraze

I used to do SVN changes with sync, but conflicts would inevitably arise as the script would slightly optimize its support for something and then I would have to manually fix things.

With a wrapper, unless the function/variables I've modifying are changed directly, they don't cause any problems for continued smooth coexistence between my changes and the script.

Lxndr

Probably because of the recent change in moving the stone to the arena, but newLife_SmashHippyStone= true isn't smashing hippy stones anymore.

Bale

Minion
Oh, dear. Thanks for catching that. Fixed now!

Incidentally, while I was at it I've added automatically pledging allegiance to your current clan when breaking the stone if you haven't yet pledged to a clan this season. Was that a good change or should I revert it?