Scripting the birth of a new life.

Bale

Minion
So the problem is that KoL is inconsistent. There's nothing wrong with ChIT.

Anyway, it seems that nobody dislikes the feature suggestion at all. I'll probably add it tomorrow or the next day. This is the last chance for anyone to complain. Fear of feature creep always makes me feel reluctant.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Ran it. Aborted because I could not equip a toy sixgun. Closeted gun and ran to completion. Don't know whether this is a NewLife problem or a maximizer problem but I figured if I reported here this might be properly redirected with the likely maximizer string identified.

Just started a causal PM run.

Bale

Minion
The only relevant code is this:

Code:
	// In AWoL, holster your toy sixgun
	if(available_amount($item[toy sixgun]) > 0)
		equip($slot[holster], $item[toy sixgun]);

If that fails, then it is a brand new mafia bug because it used to work fine.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What if you pull the toy sixgun outside of AWoL, so you don't have a holster slot?

I think that is it. Start of a casual run so I had two six guns in inventory when NewLife ran, but since I was not in AWoL, I should not have a holster to put it in, correct?

Bale

Minion
Never crossed my mind that someone would pull a toy sixgun. Nor do I think of casual.

I have to fix that!

Bale

Minion
Fixed. The script is now casual safe.

Probably way more robust than it vaguely needed to be.

Bale

Minion
Casual is not the same as sub-optimal. It's often the opposite of sub-optimal since there are powerful reasons to do it. I'm just not cutting edge enough to want to chain casuals.

Valliant

In the new challenge path I've had the error "Your current path is unknown to this script! A new version of this script should be released very soon." after almost every adventure. I'm pretty sure it's NewLife.ash, as that's the only google hit for the full phrase.

This leads to two requests: 1) Please change the error message to say "NewLife.ash" as opposed to "this script" so that in the future it'll be easier to find the offending script. Also, if I choose to abort or run the script, it would be nice if it didn't re-ask after each adventure.

Thank you so much!

Bale

Minion
1. Seems a reasonable request. The script has been updated with a more informative error message.

2. You're probably wrong about this script being responsible since it is not intended to run after each adventure. It should run only once at the beginning of an ascension and then never be run again. If it is activating at every adventure then you are doing something very VERY wrong. If you do allow the script to run, what happens?

3. I've already updated the script for Gelatinous Noob. The new version was released only a few hours after the path.

Last edited:

Valliant

If I don't abort it uses any barrels, will auto-sell and use things to get meat, try to calculate the universe. Knowing it's not NewLife, I'll continue my search.

Bale

Minion
newLife does not calculate the universe.

I can help you figure out which script is running. Copy/paste the following two lines into your CLI: (capitalization is important)

Code:
get betweenBattleScript
get afterAdventureScript

That will tell you the name of the scripts that are set to automatically run before and after each adventure.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
If I don't abort it uses any barrels, will auto-sell and use things to get meat, try to calculate the universe. Knowing it's not NewLife, I'll continue my search.

This sounds like stuff that happens with ckb-AfterAdv.ash (from ckb-Standard script).
Try: set afterAdventureScript=

Valliant

Ah, yes. It was ckb-AfterAdv.ash. Thank you both. ckb, if you'd add the script's name to the error message, that would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Ah, yes. It was ckb-AfterAdv.ash. Thank you both. ckb, if you'd add the script's name to the error message, that would be greatly appreciated.

Actually, the message was from newLife.ash, which was imported into ckb-Utils.ash, which was imported into ckb-AfterAdv.ash. (Because I use Bale's newLife free_barrels() function). I will move some function calls around so this should not happen.

Bale

Minion
Actually, the message was from newLife.ash, which was imported into ckb-Utils.ash, which was imported into ckb-AfterAdv.ash. (Because I use Bale's newLife free_barrels() function). I will move some function calls around so this should not happen.

I don't mind if you copy/paste my code into your script without the import. If you're really nice you can attribute it to me in a comment at the top of the function, but I won't dislike you if you copy it without the attribution.

What I did was add to my prismbreak script a couple of lines that reset CKB's overrides back (counterchecker, betweenbattle and so on)

May I suggest that in no-familiar paths (like license to adventure) the ghost dog will be set to buff. There was a discussion about this in page 15 which, if I'm reading correctly, resulted in a "no-change" policy for this, but for no familiar paths I don't see a reason not to touch it. (unless someone wants the stats, I suppose).