Scripting the birth of a new life.

Bale

Minion
On the other hand, the last thing anyone needs in License to Adventure is more stats, eh? All those turns of fighting scaling monsters... Maybe License to Adventure really does make this one obvious!

I'll do this!

Last edited:

Malibu Stacey

Got an error when I just ascended

Code:
Finished using 1 pork elf goodies sack.
Autoselling items to NPCs...
You gain 500 Meat
Items sold.
Purchasing detuned radio (1 @ 300)...
You spent 300 Meat
You acquire an item: detuned radio
Purchases complete.
Pork Elf stones were sold to garner a detuned radio.
You acquire an item: your cowboy boots
Submitting option 8 for choice 1171
[B]Unhandled redirect to place.php?whichplace=town_right[/B]
Visiting Floundry in clan VIP lounge
You acquire an item: fishin' pole

I have it set to run on post ascension in the preferences.

Script and mafia are as up to date as possible
Code:
bale-new-life is at HEAD (r69)
Code:
> version

KoLmafia v17.6 r18108

Bale

Minion
That's not an error. It's just an informative KoLmafia message letting us know that KoLmafia doesn't personally handle that redirect. It's helpful for troubleshooting if a problem occurs, but not personally indicative of any problem. You'll see it from time to time during various activities.

zarqon

Suggestion:

PHP:
if (item_amount($item[Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase]) > 0 && svn_exists("Ezandora-Briefcase-branches-Release"))
   cli_execute("Briefcase unlock");

zarqon

Unlocking it gets you drawers, martinis, and the ability to customize enchantments, and it uses just a few clicks to get you 11 more. There's no reason not to unlock it.

Bale

Minion
But, in a path other than Bondcore, are the drawers and martinis useful enough to be worth the clicks?

zarqon

Is it a free pull outside Bondcore? Thought the item_amount() check covered that, but if not I retract my suggestion; some weird person out there may prefer 30 more turns of buffs over at least 9 cigars and 9 martinis.

Optionally, put it in and see if anyone complains! :D

Bale

Minion
I'd be surprised if it wasn't an auto-pull in other paths also. That's been the latest paradigm. Like all the other IotM equipment for the last two years. (your cowboy boots, time-spinner, detective badge, protonic accelerator pack)

Can anyone confirm that?

taltamir

suggestion, auto pull all free pulls from hangk.
or if that is too much, auto pull the bastille battallion (which is a free pull even in HC, but does not auto pull)

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
suggestion, auto pull all free pulls from hangk.
or if that is too much, auto pull the bastille battallion (which is a free pull even in HC, but does not auto pull)

I don't really expect Bale to read this and respond, but if action is taken, I would like the option to pull free pulls from the display case as well. I also seem to recall some discussion about a mafia feature to pull free pulls and it may be that mafia does not know the bastille battallion is a free pull.

I don't know what does it (it's been a while since I ascended), but after ascending I always end up with all my bricks and toilet paper, so something somewhere is pulling my free pulls already. I'd offer to keep an eye out next time I ascend, but I expect that to be months away, so I just know I'll forget when we get there.

Edit: I should probably note that I am running this script as my newLife script.

taltamir

I don't really expect Bale to read this and respond, but if action is taken, I would like the option to pull free pulls from the display case as well. I also seem to recall some discussion about a mafia feature to pull free pulls and it may be that mafia does not know the bastille battallion is a free pull.
Interesting... recently bastille batallion appears in my inventory. I am not sure if the devs changed the item, or if mafia is free pulling it now.

Incidentally, another useful feature for this script would be to automatically accept your guild unlock quest.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Interesting... recently bastille batallion appears in my inventory. I am not sure if the devs changed the item, or if mafia is free pulling it now.

That reinforces my memory that mafia is doing some free pulling.

Incidentally, another useful feature for this script would be to automatically accept your guild unlock quest.

Years ago there was some discussion about automatically accepting Guild quests. The case against it was strong enough that Bale chose not to implement it. Unfortunately I don't remember what the case was, nor whether the argument holds in the game as it exists today. I do recall that the folks against it were the folks who appear on the speed run leaderboards with some regularity and not those of us who sub-optimally plod along and occasionally show up with a collection or two.

That said you can always do what I do and make your own post ascension script that calls NewLife before or after you do those things that Bale's script doesn't.

xKiv

That might have been either because live-and-repeat (unlocking extra noncombats might prevent the desirable ones from appearing on early free turns?), or the ghost busting iotm (because unlocking extra zones (cemetary?, tower?, I don't know ...) messes with which ghosts get triggered). Something like that.

taltamir

Years ago there was some discussion about automatically accepting Guild quests. The case against it was strong enough that Bale chose not to implement it. Unfortunately I don't remember what the case was, nor whether the argument holds in the game as it exists today. I do recall that the folks against it were the folks who appear on the speed run leaderboards with some regularity and not those of us who sub-optimally plod along and occasionally show up with a collection or two.

That said you can always do what I do and make your own post ascension script that calls NewLife before or after you do those things that Bale's script doesn't.
Do you have such a script already written that you don't mind sharing?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
View attachment ReNew.ash

It's been a couple of years since I looked at it and like so many things it would be different if I did it today :)

There was a conflict between BCC Ascend and the zLib 100% familiar and the BCC Ascend default familiar. The first part sets them so they all logically agree.

I didn't like NewLife's restore thresholds so reset them and it looks like there were a few path things it didn't set right in 2016.

Anyway, have at it ;-)