Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Grotfang

Developer
It doesn't really matter what you call your CCS(s). So long as what you call them matches up with what you put in the script later.

See where it says:

Code:
string max_ml_ccs = "";
string min_ml_ccs = "";

Make sure boolean use_tatter_like = false;

Then, call your CCS(s) something. Let's say you call your minml ccs "carrot" and your maxml ccs "stick". You would need to change the code above so it looked like this:

Code:
string max_ml_ccs = "stick";
string min_ml_ccs = "carrot";

Does that make sense? Not sure if it's a perfect explanation...

codster62

Grr. I am trying to use this script, and I came across a few problems. First, I got this error.

I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!
Putting on MinML...
You are already wearing "MinML."
CCS set to MinML
(but battle action is currently set to attack with weapon)
Adventure 1 out of 180

[2628] The Slime Tube
Encounter: squirming Slime lump
Round 0: CoolBufferBot wins initiative!
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 10 Adventures)
Round 1: CoolBufferBot tries to steal an item!
You lose 4 hit points
Round 2: CoolBufferBot attacks!
You gain 7 Strongness
You gain 6 Wizardliness
You gain 18 Roguishness
Covered in slime, adventuring normally in the tube!
Adventure 2 out of 180
Putting on MaxML...
Equipment changed.
CCS set to default
(but battle action is currently set to attack with weapon)
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

Sending kmail to Bale...
_BalesUniversalRecovery => 3.4
Updating recoveryScript_map_v2.txt from '' to '2009-09-06T02:32:29-05:00'...
recoveryScript_map_v2.txt => 2009-09-06T02:32:29-05:00
...recoveryScript_map_v2.txt updated.
1751 prices updated from http://zachbardon.com/mafiatools/updateprices.php?action=getmap
0 prices updated from http://nixietube.info/mallprices.txt
Pricelist updated.

Visit to The Slime Tube: The Slime Tube in progress...
You can't hit anything there.

Then, after it quit I changed both of my CSS scripts to default on the slime.ash, and I run it again. Then I get a constant loop of healing. :(

The slime covering you will kill you if you don't do something! Hitting up your clan.
Chamois successfully used.
Restoring HP! Currently at 288 of 288 HP, 65 of 176 MP... Target HP = 288.
The slime covering you will kill you if you don't do something! Hitting up your clan.

So on. I had to stop the script. I have full chamois in my tube, and I don't see the problem...

EDIT: And I also realized the stupid thing took off my familiar, when I have I have both the minimum ML and maximum ML scripts set to have my psychadelic bear on...

Last edited:

Spiny

Without looking too deeply into this...

There are a couple things to do in prep to use this script that I can think of...
1) set a CCS to use for maxml and minml when tatters is set to false.
2) enter your outfit names to wear for min_ml and max_ml
3) enter your familiar to use to go along with those outfits/situations

Now, in mafia, you want to make sure that your Action is set to custom combat script, not attack with weapon. Also double check that you don't have a lingering auto-attack set.

As for the recovery... someone else will have to chime in, but my suspicion is that you are no where near properly buffed to be running a tube at the +ML wearing 5 pieces of slime hates it generate. I think you mentioned wearing 5 pieces already in one of your prior posts. This script, or your consult script, is trying to tell you that: You can't hit anything there.

Alhifar

Spiny said:
As for the recovery... someone else will have to chime in, but my suspicion is that you are no where near properly buffed to be running a tube at the +ML wearing 5 pieces of slime hates it generate.
Yeah, that's definitely your problem. I've changed the error message to be a little more informative and added an abort if you still can't survive after a chamois and hp restore, but I've not bumped the version number up.

As to the ccs, I seem to remember the ccs command changing your action to the Custom Combat Script. I'll fix that as well.

Last edited:

Heffed

I had everything set to go, all outfit's set, and css's set to default. But thanks for updating anyways.

You have both CCS's doing the same thing? Generally you want the minimum ML CCS to deal with the slimes in a manner that won't cost you a turn. Such as CLEESHing, or free runaways. That's the whole point behind having the script switch between two CCS's.

Alhifar

The ONLY reason that message would show up is if it thinks you can't survive a turn. What were you using as your CCS?

Shantalya

I don't get it to work

I did manage the outfit stuff, ut I always get the message I wouldn't have an Ancient Yuletide Troll. I entered the levitating potatoe as only familiar, so I don't understand why I do get that message. Could someone possibly help me?

Grotfang

Developer
Could you upload your version of the script? It's hard to tell when you're posting a problem with a modified script.

Have you made sure your outfit names are 100% correct and don't use anything silly like "f=" in them? Also, have you entered a familiar into both min ml and max ml requirements. Finally, do you have any moods or between battle scripts active at the moment, and what version of mafia are you using?

I can't think of a good reason why this script would demand an Ancient Yuletide Troll.

LuxNecronis

Is there any way to modify this to use CLEESH instead of tatters? I know it's not optimal, but I'm just doing a couple trial runs and gathering meat so I can fully utilize this script.

Heffed

Is there any way to modify this to use CLEESH instead of tatters?

Set use_tatter_like to false, then create two CCS files. One for max ML and one for min. The min will have CLEESH in it. Then put the names of these in the max_ml_ccs and min_ml_ccs settings.

Alhifar

I'm working on getting it back up now, really sorry for the inconvenience.
EDIT: And it's fixed. For now. Expect a short outage within the next few days again, my server died on me and I've set up a temporary server on this machine, but I'm going to have to figure something else out eventually.

Last edited:

psly4mne

Thanks for the script, it's been a great help to me.

There is a minor bug that's gotten me beaten up a bunch of times: As having 10 turns of Coated in Slime causes some damage, slime_percent[10] should definitely not be 0. According to the wiki, it's about 1%.