Slime Tube Adventuring Script

bladyeoman

Awesome to know! Thanks!

Also, sometime I need to change my username. I misspelled it the first time (it's actually bladeyeoman), was too lazy to make a new one.

Something that's become a problem for me is getting the script to stop mid flight. I don't need to do this often so I haven't brought it up, but I figured I may as well in case it's a problem for others. I find mashing the stop button in the adventure tab repeatedly to not be effective, so I spam abort into the CLI repeatedly to get it to stop. Is it superstition on my part that there's a difference between entering abort into the CLI and pressing the stop button? Anyway, today 5 adventures went by before I was able to get it to stop. I was hampered by the fact that when I was entering abort into the CLI, the mini browser would pop up, but then the script would keep going, so I needed to click out of the mini browser and back into the CLI to keep entering abort. I'm not sure there's a way to fix this, but I thought I'd mention it in case there is. If not I'm happy to accept it as the price of using this script.
edit: price is a bad word, but whatever

bleary

I find that just holding down the escape key in the gCLI will eventually get it to stop.

Here's some code which attempts to be slightly more clever about how to get spleen drops, going for the higher-percentage drops first.

Code:
if( verbose ) print( "I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!" , "blue" );
outfit( min_ml_outfit );
if( get_spleeners ) {
    for i from 1 upto 5 {
        if (get_property( "_absintheDrops" ).to_int() < i && have_familiar($familiar[Green Pixie] ) ) {use_familiar( $familiar[Green Pixie] ); break;}
        else if( get_property( "_tokenDrops" ).to_int() < i && have_familiar($familiar[Rogue Program] ) ) {use_familiar( $familiar[Rogue Program] ); break;}
        else if( get_property( "_aguaDrops" ).to_int() < i && have_familiar( $familiar[Baby Sandworm] ) ) {use_familiar( $familiar[Baby Sandworm] ); break;}
        else if( get_property( "_gongDrops" ).to_int() < i && have_familiar( $familiar[Llama Lama] ) ) {use_familiar( $familiar[Llama Lama] ); break;}
    }
}

Last edited:

rpxx

I've also had problems getting it to stop. Going up to "Tools", "Stop everything" doesn't work.

Warning: if you run into Mother Slime and have the choice adventure set to show in browser, the script will keep going and retrying it over and over. That means that you can't leave the script running and leave your keyboard, because it will spam the server in an infinite loop eventually.

Alhifar

The only way I've found to stop it is to keep slamming escape over and over.

Also, I'll upload a new version soonish with that particular bugfix and a couple other little things added in.

Darzil

Developer
Also, I'll upload a new version soonish with that particular bugfix and a couple other little things added in.

Don't suppose being able to use Blank-Out is part of that ? I have 140 odd bottles, which is 700 odd runaways, but having to use the bottle to get the globs, then use the globs in the right combat isn't a trivial change to the script. I think they are currently the most economic runaways (other than bander ones).

It's a great script, and I plan to use it 'in anger' sometime soon.

StDoodle

Minion
While you're revamping, any chance you'll build in consideration for consult scripts and / or macros? I realize that the user would have to supply a bit more information regarding what said actions would do, as they'd be next-to-impossible to check via the script, but it would make for nice options.

Alhifar

I'll see about adding in blank-out support.

As for consult scripts, if you can predict what they are going to do, then you could probably write them as a ccs. If not, then how would they report to the script what they planned on doing?

HippoKing

Just checking in to say that I've been using this for the past few days (wth the modification posted above to improve the spleen collection) and it's the best thing ever. Thanks a lot.

StDoodle

Minion
Well... consult scripts I admit are trickier and would probably be something ok for the user to hack in to the script, but mostly I'm concerned with KoL-macro-style CCS's. Ie do you plan on supporting a CCS line such as "while !pastround 20;attack;endwhile"? But it might be easiest to have a simple "ignore CCS parsing option" for "advanced" use cases, I think. But I can't remember how much of that is done in the script and what is done with the parsed results.

Alhifar

Macros I can definitely work on, as soon as I have time. Is there anything that guarantees that a line will be a macro instead of a regular ccs?

StDoodle

Minion
I think macros in a CCS that have KoL-macro-specific syntax need to be enclosed in quotes (and may have multiple entries on one CCS line, separated by a semicolon or perhaps "\n"). I don't know if both single and double quotes work (I always use the latter).

HippoKing

Minor bug in get_clan() - it seems to be returning for me with a </a at the end, leading to slightly broken HTML. Clan name was "bumcheekcity's clan" if that's relevant in any way.

I was only messing with it to force it to abort if I was in another clan - you'd think that having it say what clan you were about to adventure in would be enough, but I really am amazing at not reading things.

StDoodle

Minion
The greater-than sign in the regex on line 538 should be a less-than sign instead, I think.

Edit to add: after a quick search, I have found clans that use "<" and ">" in their name; perhaps a better matcher would be:
Code:
matcher m = create_matcher( "whichclan\=\\d+\">(.+?)</a>" , visit_url( "showplayer.php?who=" + my_id().to_string() ) );

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Even so, the names should be HTML-encoded, because that probably wouldn't be a very safe practice to allow clans to include HTML tags in their names.

StDoodle

Minion
hee3, by the point they're read in via ash, that matcher should be correct. Also, even if KoL is encoding them "wrong," it's not like there's anything WE can do about it. :p

Alhifar

And I've now got a bugfixed version uploaded. All the bugs mentioned so far are fixed, but I haven't had time to add in KoL macro support, sorry.

Also, I think that blank-out support is best left to moods.