Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Lord Bitchalot

I was wondering how the bander interaction worked for freerunaways. Do I have to have it set as my good kitty, or will the script pick up on it being there? Also, will the script automatically cast ode for it as needed?

slyz

Developer
For bander runaways to be used, good kitty must be set to the Bander. The script will only run away if you have Ode to booze (it will cast it if you can) and if you have runaways left.

LuxNecronis

Hey there - I seem to be having an issue with the script. It runs fine as it is from the site, but as soon as I try to adjust anything I get a "Script Parsing Error - (slime.ash, line 1)." I'm running the .jar version of KoLmafia 14.0, on Ubuntu Linux. Any idea what the issue may be?

StDoodle

Minion
Hey there - I seem to be having an issue with the script. It runs fine as it is from the site, but as soon as I try to adjust anything I get a "Script Parsing Error - (slime.ash, line 1)." I'm running the .jar version of KoLmafia 14.0, on Ubuntu Linux. Any idea what the issue may be?

That's extra weird, since the first line is a comment. Do you have any issues running any other scripts? Is your directory permission settings borked?

Bale

Minion

The problem is that you're using an editor that saves text in the wrong format. Try a plain text editor that is incapable of fancy formatting. If you were using windows I'd recommend notepad. I don't know what Linux uses, but if you don't have anything you can try using Notepad++ which is particularly nice.

Alhifar

Gedit should work fine. That's what I used for the first few revisions of the script. I'm personally rather fond of SciTE as well.

Winterbay

WordPad works rather well as long as you don't try to add any formatting. At least it's always worked for me and it generally works better than notepad since it can interpret some linebreaks that notepad fails at.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
WordPad works rather well as long as you don't try to add any formatting. At least it's always worked for me and it generally works better than notepad since it can interpret some linebreaks that notepad fails at.

If you have a line break that notepad can't handle, the script probably won't run in mafia. At least that's what I would expect, but I can't really test that on my non-Windows computer.

zarqon

A proper code editor with line numbers and the ability to read/convert multiple encodings would be preferable. Most of these have syntax highlighting as well. On Windows, I use an old one called tsWebEditor that has quite a lovely load of features, although Notepad+ is excellent as well. On Linux, I use emacs.

Winterbay

If you have a line break that notepad can't handle, the script probably won't run in mafia. At least that's what I would expect, but I can't really test that on my non-Windows computer.

No, that is not so common with ASH. It is more a problem with php and greasemoneky scripts.

Winterbay

Not so much a problem as an annoyance :)
I'v enever had anything to do with AutoCAD apart from 6 weeks of summer school where we tested out how it is to be an architect... Now I assess the safety of baby diapers and adult incontinence products instead...

slyz

Developer
The sentence "You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (11)" must have a very different meaning to you!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Since the problems is on Ubuntu the suggestions would seem to be vi or EMACS. (Let the Holy Wars begin!!!) NotePad++ et. al. have not, to the best of my knowledge been ported.