Slime Tube Adventuring Script

I just made a really dumb mistake with this. Normally when I casually adventure in the slime tube I just have mafia's moods use chamois.ash for me. I accidentally left this mood active, causing me to wipe coated in slime away early. The mood wiped it away with 4 turns remaining, and the script was trying to adventure until only 3 turns were left. However, it didn't notice coated in slime had been wiped away, and so every 'cycle' would have resulted in me being beaten up once. Just putting this out as a data point, luckily I caught it early and was still able to make a slimeling. Perhaps you could have it check for coated in slime before each adventure, though I doubt this will affect many others - I certainly won't make the same mistake again.

Last edited:

Winterbay

I'm currently doing some clan dungeon runs since I'm a level 30+ SC and thought it could be fun to test out. The script is working nicely, but since I am coming from a BM run I have no access to any "normal" mind-control devices. The script tries to reset the device everytime it changes outifts but it doesn't do anything. Now seeing as the +ML in BM takes an adventure this is a good thing, but a check for this might be a good idea to speed up the script since it won't have to try and change it all the time in that case.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Change this bit of code:
Code:
int max_mcd()
{
	[B]if ( in_moxie_sign() || in_muscle_sign() || in_mysticality_sign() ) [/B]return 10 + ( in_mysticality_sign().to_int() );
	[B]return 0;[/B]
}

(Fix made with non-ascendees in mind, as well)

Edit: Apparently that doesn't work. So I guess you should add this bit somewhere close to the top of the script, then change all instances of change_mcd to mcd_change:

Code:
boolean mcd_change( int i )
{
	if ( in_moxie_sign() || in_muscle_sign() || in_mysticality_sign() ) change_mcd ( i );
}

Last edited:

Jojo Ironface

Stupid Question:

Why would you want to use a Levitating Potato for Min Lvl? Besides the obvious to minimize the damage you might take. Why not a Barrrnacle for extra deleveling power?

Also, I am getting ready to attempt a SOLO nodule run and i am just curious ... i DO NOT have any pieces of slime-hate gear so this will be extremely challenging. If anyone has any advice or links to useful strategy it would be VERY appreciated. I have an excel spreadsheet i made with like 4 books of different data and calculations so i *think* i am prepared.

Thanks in advance,
Jojo
:)

StDoodle

Minion
Why would you want to use a Levitating Potato for Min Lvl? Besides the obvious to minimize the damage you might take. Why not a Barrrnacle for extra deleveling power?

Many people find they can kill without delevling (spells, shieldbutt) with little difficulty, but find that surviving being hit is more of an issue.

Also, I am getting ready to attempt a SOLO nodule run... If anyone has any advice...
:)

Honestly, I think the best advice is to arrange in /trade or otherwise to pick up some nodules before you try. This can be expensive; anywhere from 150,000 meat to 300,000 meat per nodule; but is still going to be much easier (and probably even cheaper) until you have at least 4 pieces of SHI gear, if trying for nodules. I only care to recover the tube cost for my runs, so feel free to message me in game if you'd like some cheap nodules (I usually do 250k for a pair, willing to give a discount down to 225k for a fellow forum-goer).

Jojo Ironface

Makes sense StDoodle .. guess i wasn't thinking about the damage from really really high monsters ...

I thought Nodules cannot be traded ... or do you mean white listing someone so they can run in a clan dungeon?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, whitelist someone so they can spend one turn doing whatever (squeezing, killing a monster, losing to a monster, whatever), and then you can give them loot. It isn't a secure transaction, but I never had any issues with buying glands from people in /trade.

Code:
The slimes in the tube or that slime covering you will kill you if you don't do something! Hitting up your clan.
You lose an effect: Coated in Slime
Chamois successfully used.
I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!
Putting on MinML...
Equipment changed.
Putting Trofflesby the Purse Rat back into terrarium...
Taking Grort the Barrrnacle out of terrarium...
battleAction => item tattered scrap of paper, tattered scrap of paper
Adventure 106 out of 116

[9955] The Slime Tube
Encounter: gaping Slime mouth
Round 0: laser bullet loses initiative!
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 7 Adventures)
You lose 398 hit points
You lose 26 hit points
Round 1: laser bullet uses the tattered scrap of paper and uses the tattered scrap of paper!
1550 tattered scraps of paper left!
battleAction => attack with weapon
Covered in slime, adventuring normally in the tube!
Adventure 106 out of 116
Putting on Slimeling...
Equipment changed.
Putting Grort the Barrrnacle back into terrarium...
Taking Trofflesby the Purse Rat out of terrarium...
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

Restoring HP! Currently at 3161 of 3585 HP, 511 of 2529 MP, current meat: 604446 ... Target HP = 3406.
_meatperhp => 0.088999644
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 424 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.

Visit to The Slime Tube: The Slime Tube in progress...

[9955] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime juggernaut
Strategy: attack with weapon
You lose 703 hit points
Round 1: laser bullet attacks!
You gain 91 Muscleboundness
You gain 94 Wizardliness
You gain 186 Chutzpah

Restoring HP! Currently at 2882 of 3585 HP, 506 of 2529 MP, current meat: 604446 ... Target HP = 3406.
_meatperhp => 0.053678304
You gain 703 hit points
Adventure 107 out of 116

[9956] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime behemoth
You lose 1,291 hit points
You gain 101 Strongness
You gain 92 Enchantedness
You gain 180 Chutzpah

Restoring HP! Currently at 2294 of 3585 HP, 501 of 2529 MP, current meat: 604446 ... Target HP = 3406.
_meatperhp => 0.029229935
You gain 1,291 hit points
Adventure 108 out of 116

Success: Update successful -- 31 prices updated.

[9957] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime colossus
You lose 2,123 hit points
You lose 88 hit points
You gain 87 Strengthliness
You gain 104 Magicalness
You gain 181 Sarcasm

Restoring HP! Currently at 1374 of 3585 HP, 501 of 2529 MP, current meat: 604446 ... Target HP = 3406.
_meatperhp => 0.01706732
You gain 2,211 hit points
Adventure 109 out of 116

[9958] The Slime Tube
Encounter: towering Slime juggernaut
You lose 3,233 hit points
You gain 92 Strongness
You gain 83 Enchantedness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 197 Sarcasm

Restoring HP! Currently at 352 of 3585 HP, 493 of 2529 MP, current meat: 604446 ... Target HP = 3406.
_meatperhp => 0.011672084
You gain 3,233 hit points
The slimes in the tube or that slime covering you will kill you if you don't do something! Hitting up your clan.
Putting on MinML...
Equipment changed.
Putting Trofflesby the Purse Rat back into terrarium...
Taking Grort the Barrrnacle out of terrarium...
battleAction => item tattered scrap of paper, tattered scrap of paper
Adventure 110 out of 116

[B][I][9959] The Slime Tube
Encounter: puckering Slime beak
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 7 Adventures)
You lose 398 hit points
Round 1: laser bullet uses the tattered scrap of paper and uses the tattered scrap of paper!
1549 tattered scraps of paper left!
battleAction => attack with weapon
Adventure 110 out of 116
Putting on Slimeling...
Equipment changed.
Putting Grort the Barrrnacle back into terrarium...
Taking Trofflesby the Purse Rat out of terrarium...
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

Restoring HP! Currently at 3187 of 3585 HP, 473 of 2529 MP, current meat: 604446 ... Target HP = 3406.
Visiting Relaxing Hot Tub in clan VIP lounge
You gain 398 hit points

[9959] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime behemoth
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 3 Adventures)
You lose 4,653 hit points

You've had the crap beaten out of you... attempting to find some more crap.[/I][/B]
Searching for "tiny house"...
Purchasing tiny house (1 @ 214)...
You acquire an item: tiny house
Purchases complete.
Using 1 tiny house...
You gain 20 hit points
You gain 22 Mojo Points
Finished using 1 tiny house.
Restoring HP! Currently at 20 of 3585 HP, 514 of 2529 MP, current meat: 604232 ... Target HP = 3406.
_meatperhp => 0.01058509
You gain 3,565 hit points
Putting on MinML...
KoLmafia declares world peace.

I ran into a similar problem to the one I posted a here. See the bolded section of the log I posted, I posted the rest in the outside chance it's helpful. It would appear that Bale's autorecovery script to me to the hot tub instead of casting cocoon like it usually does. This got rid of coated in slime right after I got it, but the script didn't notice and sent me into combat with maxml and no turns of coated in slime. Something for other to be wary of.

boolean use_hottub = false; is now set to false in Bale's recovery script and slime.ash, should that ensure this does not happen again? It's starting to scare me that this script doesn't stop when you get beaten up (I manually aborted when I caught it in the CLI). If I hadn't caught this in my random glance at the CLI it could very well have happened again, though for whatever reason this is the first time it's happened in around 15 runs, so that seems unlikely.

Last edited:

Alhifar

I have no idea what happened there. Before each adventure, it should list the adventure number like "Adventure 106 out of 116". There is no such marker before some of the turns, such as the one you got beaten up on. I honestly don't have the time right now to work out what is wrong, but if somebody comes up with some code, I'll gladly merge it into the updated copy of slime.ash.

As to your second point, it would have aborted as soon as it realized there was no way you could have survived an adventure with maxed out coated in slime, it would have aborted. It is sometimes possible to survive with beaten up.

The problem isn't surviving the next 3 turns with beaten up, the problem is that getting beaten up somehow occurred. If it happens I'd rather everything stopped so I could investigate how it happened. If I were to set a mood that said when beaten up is acquired "abort," would that stop slime.ash? This seems like a good work around, trying to put that into slime.ash itself seems like it might be tedious.

slyz

Developer
In my slimeling version of this script, I added
Code:
if ( have_effect( $effect[Beaten up]) > 0 ) abort( "you got beat up ... again !" );
after the line that adventures in the tube. But it was a branch from an older version of the script that used run_adv().

In the current version, when
Code:
adventure( 1 , $location[The Slime Tube] );
is called, shouldn't Mafia call recovery, get rid of beaten up, maintain the mood etc... before actually adventuring?

FufuBunnySlayer

Hrm, I've been having a problem with getting beaten up as well. 25 out of 275 turns spent in the tube yesterday I was killed. When I was running about 1100 HP, slime damage would hit me for ~900 and then the slime creature would hit me for ~250. This wasn't every time, otherwise I would have had been beaten up much more. However, I was wondering if there was a way to mod the script in order to increase the expected damage buffer or to force chammy use when x turns of Coated in Slime remain. This would reduce the times beaten up to 0. I do not know if this script was designed with a character having certain stats in mind; e.g. I started at L15 with approx. 1000 Mus, 375 Myst, and 375 Mox (this is after potion effects, of course). If I boost my Mox or otherwise increase DA I can probably avoid being beaten up, but adding more buffs would make the run frankly too expensive to worry with.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hrm, I've been having a problem with getting beaten up as well. 25 out of 275 turns spent in the tube yesterday I was killed. When I was running about 1100 HP, slime damage would hit me for ~900 and then the slime creature would hit me for ~250. This wasn't every time, otherwise I would have had been beaten up much more. However, I was wondering if there was a way to mod the script in order to increase the expected damage buffer or to force chammy use when x turns of Coated in Slime remain. This would reduce the times beaten up to 0. I do not know if this script was designed with a character having certain stats in mind; e.g. I started at L15 with approx. 1000 Mus, 375 Myst, and 375 Mox (this is after potion effects, of course). If I boost my Mox or otherwise increase DA I can probably avoid being beaten up, but adding more buffs would make the run frankly too expensive to worry with.
Thanks

Just about everyone that does slimeling runs faces this issue. Assuming you're entering combat with 4 turns of coated in slime left and have 6 slime resistance, you'll lose 90%~ of your HP. My solution is to use astral shell, elemental saucesphere, equalizer potions, tomato juice, temporary gr8ness, and phorcefullness throughout the run. Using this method I've yet to be killed in the fashion you described, because of my high moxie and highish elemental resistance no slime is able to do more than 100 damage to me. I've done dozens of slimeling runs using this script, and the only times I've been beaten up are both described in this thread.

slyz

Developer
The script takes into account how many HP you have left after the Coated in Slime takes effect. Apparently it isn't calculating correctly for you. Add in a few prints so you can know what the script will happen in the next combat:
Code:
print("Expected number of rounds: " + expected_rounds_needed() );
print("Maximum possible damage per round: " + max_possible_damage() );
print("Total damage expected during combat: " + slime_damage() );
print("Number of turns of Coated in Slime: " + $effect[Coated in Slime] );
print("Total +ML: " + (numeric_modifier("Monster Level")+20*bladders) );
You can add this at the beginning of the master while loop (on line 371). This will help to see if the script thinks you are safer than you really are.

I just realized that the ML from the squeezes isn't taken into account when calculating the slime attack in max_possible_damage(). bladders should be made a global variable, and line 259 should be:
Code:
int slime_attack = 100 + 20*bladders + ( numeric_modifier( "Monster Level" ) * ( my_familiar() != $familiar[O.A.F] ).to_int() );

Try this version with the changes I mentioned.

Attachments

• slime_slyz.ash
    18 KB · Views: 50

icon315

I always seem to get beaten up by the slimes when i have my Maxml outifit on (which is about +675 ML) i have

Code:
[25384] The Slime Tube
Encounter: rampaging Slime glob
Strategy: C:\Users\noel\Desktop\ccs\default.ccs [default]
Round 0: icon315 loses initiative!
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 4 Adventures)
You lose 7,867 hit points

I only have 3914 HP

any tips?

EDIT!: OOHHHH, i forgot to remove the CHamois.ash from my Mood, now it works, THANKS!

EDIT#2: Maybe you can add a feature that tells you which picture the slimetube is at, which checks ever 10 adv.

Last edited:

icon315

wouldn't it be better to encounter the lowest level slime possible, CLEESH it, then switch to your +ML boost.? that way you won't waste an adventure killing it?

wouldn't it be better to encounter the lowest level slime possible, CLEESH it, then switch to your +ML boost.? that way you won't waste an adventure killing it?

While that results in you not wasting an adventure in the slime tube logs, it does result in you wasting a turn of your buffs, which is why I prefer to tatter away.

Have a look for this part of the script, it's near the top:

Code:
## Set use_tatter_like to true to use a tatter to escape from combat, or to false to simply kill the slime and use an adventure.
## Set which_tatter to which tatter-like item to use to escape from combats
boolean use_tatter_like = true;
item which_tatter = $item[tattered scrap of paper];