Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Bale

Minion
Because I like to fiddle I fixed the biggest problem with my relay Slime Tube. It now saves settings across sessions. No need to edit the script, ever. Because of this, it now needs zlib.

Can someone please tell me if this works?

The following two files should be downloaded to the /scripts directory.
Download htmlform
Download zlib

Download relay_SlimeTube to the /relay directory.

Attachments

• relay_SlimeTube.ash
    22.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Grotfang

Developer
There's something odd going on when I try to run your version of the script, Bale. I have set the preferences to be identical to how I set them for the regular slime.ash and have confirmed it works ok using the original. However, when I run it from the relay script, I get the following:

Code:
I'm feeling rather... dry. Let's go get slimy!
Putting on minml...
Equipment changed.
CCS set to minml
Adventure 1 out of 20

[2903] The Slime Tube
Putting on minml...
Encounter: squirming Slime nodule
Round 0: Grotfang wins initiative!
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 10 Adventures)
Adjusting familiar weight by 5 pounds

And then it aborts. Using the original:

Code:
Putting on minml...
Equipment changed.
CCS set to minml
Adventure 1 out of 1

[2905] The Slime Tube
Encounter: glistening Slime polyp
Round 0: Grotfang wins initiative!
You acquire an effect: Coated in Slime (duration: 10 Adventures)
Round 1: Grotfang executes a macro!
Round 1: Grotfang casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: Tonald slashes prices with its haiku katana, doing 56 damage. In related news, this foe's new name is "prices."
Round 2: slime1 takes 56 damage.
Round 2: Grotfang attacks!
Round 3: slime1 takes 1492 damage.
Round 3: Tonald writes some slashfic with its haiku katana, using it for writing paper. It takes 68 damage.
Round 3: slime1 takes 68 damage.
You gain 3 Strengthliness
You gain 20 Mysteriousness
You gain 8 Sarcasm
115.0 ML on average for 1 turns, totalling 115 ML killed total!

Not sure what the issue is, but it looks like it's something combat-related.

Bale

Minion
You don't get any message when it aborts? No clues?

All the combat stuff is just Alhifar's script with some search and replace on the variable names to make use of zlib's vars[]. It shouldn't perform differently. If you can figure out anything I'd be grateful.

Grotfang

Developer
Feel free to grab a copy from my dropbox -- it's not the most recent version (I think -- 2.1.7) but it does work well as far as my experience has been. Alternatively, give Bale's relay script and give that a whirl.

Alhifar

I've attached the current version to the first post. I've not had a problem accessing my site, so I have no idea what is going on.
I do, however, greatly recommend Bale's relay version!

What's the best way to handle holidays like the Feast of Boris, where monsters randomly appear every so many turns? My multi Laser Bullet makes a slimeling every day to fund raise for Otori, so simply skipping a day is an option I'd like to avoid. I unwittingly ran slime.ash on the last El Dia de Los Muertos Borrachos, and the script fought the spirits as though they were slimes and got beaten up. Apart from wasting a few turns of buffs this didn't actually hurt the run, since mafia simply autorecovered and moved on as though it had just fought a slime. However I'd rather tatter from them in order to not waste those few turns of buffs.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
You could add them to your CCS or write a combat consult script that auto-tatters if(!(get_monsters() contains m), where m is the monster.

Hm, makes sense. Would that still count as a turn in slime.ash? IE, if it normally kills 4 slimes after getting slimy, but encounters a holiday monster somewhere along the way would it kill 3 slimes in that cycle instead? Also, tattering from holiday monsters resets their counter, and I won't see them again for another several adventures, right?

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Would that still count as a turn in slime.ash?
Probably not, as tattering does not reduce turns remaining of Coated in Slime, which is what this script checks.
I won't see them again for another several adventures, right?
That should be correct.

Edit: Also, I assumed incorrectly that get_monsters() without a parameter would default to your previous location. The condition should be "if(!(get_monsters(my_location()) contains m)", since this is not the case.

mrtomatoes

Hi, when I try to use the script, KOL mafia just says "You can't wear that outfit". I set my options to a nodule run and put the names of my maxml and minml outfits in, but it still gives me the same message. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Bale

Minion
The problem is that you can't wear that outfit. Figure out what is wrong with the outfit. Perhaps your stats aren't high enough?

Perhaps I would understand more if I knew what was in the outfit, or the names of the outfits or the names you entered in the script.

mrtomatoes

No, I'm wearing the exact outfit right now in KOL, so stats aren't the issue. I just named the custom outfit "a" and then put in "a" in the maxml outfit option section. Then I just put in Flaming Gravy Fairy for the maxml familiar

Bale

Minion
Perhaps you could copy-paste the outfit code from slime.ash to this thread. It's possible you did something weird with quotes that made sense to you, but is simply messed up. Are the quotes part of the outfit name? (It's quite possible to have quotes in the name of an outfit, but it requires the escape character to put those quotes into a script.) That might cause confusion. Remember that we cannot see through your eyes so it could be something incredibly basic and we'd never know.

mrtomatoes

## Set run type to either "larva" or "nodule" to automatically set certain settings to the most usual values for those types of runs.
string run_type = "nodule";

string max_ml_outfit = "a";
string max_ml_familiar = "Flaming Gravy Fairy";

string min_ml_outfit = "rollover";
string min_ml_familiar = "Flaming Gravy Fairy";

Thats what's in the script