The Neo-Cow Farming Script

Banana Lord

Back with another problem... The script aborted today because it couldn't do any of the available bounties (under muscle sign so no knoll, did the war as a frat so no frat boys to fight, I'm SC4L so I never bother to open the HitS).

Banana Lord

Sorry for the triple post, but if I'm right this is something that needs to be fixed. The default CCS for farming is farm.ccs. The script is setting my CCS to puttyfarm.ccs for regular farming (typing "ccs farm" into the CLI sets my CCS to puttyfarm.ccs because of the similarity of their names). This will result in mayhem if you happen to have any putties left for the day (which I currently do, having been unable to complete a bounty today). Apologies if there's a way to 'fix' this that I'm unaware of.

jwylot

Back with another problem... The script aborted today because it couldn't do any of the available bounties (under muscle sign so no knoll, did the war as a frat so no frat boys to fight, I'm SC4L so I never bother to open the HitS).

Unusual........restarting the script should work though.

Last edited:

jwylot

Sorry for the triple post, but if I'm right this is something that needs to be fixed. The default CCS for farming is farm.ccs. The script is setting my CCS to puttyfarm.ccs for regular farming (typing "ccs farm" into the CLI sets my CCS to puttyfarm.ccs because of the similarity of their names). This will result in mayhem if you happen to have any putties left for the day (which I currently do, having been unable to complete a bounty today). Apologies if there's a way to 'fix' this that I'm unaware of.

You've fallen victim to mafia's partial string matching so it will use the first CCS containing the string "farm". Just rename farm.ccs to "castle" or something.

Banana Lord

I tried restarting. Didn't work. In the end I had to disable bounties in my vars file.

I thought of changing the name, but that'd mean changing all the references to it in the script wouldn't it? I was too lazy to do that so I changed puttyfarm.ash instead since I don't use it anyway.

cobalt60

Apologies if this is covered somewhere -- if a character has Carlweather's Cantana already active (along w/ two other AT buffs), and starts this script, it SEEMS to get hung up forever trying to get Ode. Seems to keep requesting it but never shrugging off the Cantana.

Banana Lord

I got sick of NeoLibram.ash not working for me (and complaining about it) so I updated it for BRICKOs. If your only libram is, like mine, BRICKOs then this should fix that annoying error message and actually summon some bricks.

It'd be nice if someone more knowledgable than myself could look over this and confirm that I didn't stuff something up :)

Banana Lord

What really? I can download it just fine. I *was* fiddling with the attachment just before (long story), so maybe try again?

Oh and I *highly* recommend setting your recovery settings to NOT recover MP automatically while running this >_< (Alternatively just make sure you have a low threshold).

Winterbay

It should be safe to have MP recevery on as long as you set it to receover below what you set the script to stop at shouldn't it? If MIN_MP_PERCENT (i.e. neolibram_minmppercent) is set to 20 and your restoration settings are set to 10 it shouldn't do anything until you've used soem MP yourself...

Also, it looks like it should work just fine witht that addition.

Banana Lord

Thanks for that Winterbay!

Yes... Common sense WOULD suggest that you do that wouldn't it? The 100K I've just lost says someone else makes the same mistake xD

Regarding fixing putty-bountyhunting: I haven't got around to augmenting up my all purpose macro with ash, but I thought we might try out some of what we were discussing in the other thread here and see if it helped. Attached is an ash consult script which simply checks to make sure you have at least one putty left for the day before attempting to use your spooky putty sheet, and an updated version of puttybountyhunting.ccs to go with it. This will (hopefully) prevent mafia from aborting nearly every day when you try to putty-bountyhunt.

WARNING: These are as yet untested.
Instructions for those with even less scripting-fu than me:
  • Put PuttyBountyHunting.ash into your /KoLmafia/scripts folder
  • Change the file extension of puttybountyhunting.txt to .ccs and put it in your /KoLmafia/ccs folder, overwriting the existing version. Make a backup copy first! (these forums don't like me uploading .ccs files)

Last edited:

jwylot

I got sick of NeoLibram.ash not working for me (and complaining about it) so I updated it for BRICKOs. If your only libram is, like mine, BRICKOs then this should fix that annoying error message and actually summon some bricks.

It'd be nice if someone more knowledgable than myself could look over this and confirm that I didn't stuff something up :)

I already did this here http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2591-Neo-s-Complete-Libram-Script&p=36222&viewfull=1#post36222

jwylot

Apologies if this is covered somewhere -- if a character has Carlweather's Cantana already active (along w/ two other AT buffs), and starts this script, it SEEMS to get hung up forever trying to get Ode. Seems to keep requesting it but never shrugging off the Cantana.

You need to add one of the AT buffs to the file booze_remove.txt so it can be shrugged before requesting Ode.

Banana Lord

Oh OK. I suppose it makes sense for that to have it's own thread. There's no way we can update the first post is there? I take it no-one's actively developing this any more?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I could edit an attachment into the first post, but whose work do I go with? And then every time the script gets updated it requires a mod to fix up again. A new thread with a link added to the first post of this thread is probably easiest.

Last edited:

HasteBro

Does this include faxing monsters? With the recent addition of the embezzler (base meat drop = 400-600) to faxbot's monster list, it's possible to get an extra 15-20k by using fax/putty/angel.

jwylot

Does this include faxing monsters? With the recent addition of the embezzler (base meat drop = 400-600) to faxbot's monster list, it's possible to get an extra 15-20k by using fax/putty/angel.

Clodhopper is worth many times that btw.

Bale

Minion
I could edit an attachment into the first post, but whose work do I go with? And then every time the script gets updated it requires a mod to fix up again. A new thread with a link added to the first post of this thread is probably easiest.

Actually, a very clever minion can move a post by any member to be the new first post for a thread so that they can take over the script. flypapermonk hasn't been on this forum since early 2010 so I don't have many compunctions about that. My only question is if Banana Lord wants to own development of this script? I can place a post by him in front of flypapermonk's post (or just behind it) if he'd like.

Banana Lord, if you like this idea then please create a new post in flypapermonk's thread you want to assume control over as if it was the thread's first post. I'll move it to top of the thread for you. (Or if you prefer I can make it the second post in the thread and edit his post to warn that it is being maintained by the second poster.)

Last edited:

Banana Lord

Unfortunately I'm going to be quite busy for a while, but if no-one's averse to the idea, then I would be happy to keep the first post updated with information and patches that anyone submits. jwylot seems to have been fairly active in this thread, perhaps he'd like to take over? If not, sure, I'll spruce up the script with the recent improvements we've made and keep doing so as and where I can.