Suppression of Searching for.... messages

Spiny

I'm working on a script atm. It has a couple of arrays of items. If historical_age>2, mall_price() is applied, otherwise historical_price() is sufficient. The way I have my script outputting, it's just plain ugly to see the Searching for... messages when mall_price is called. Is there a way that I can quiet or suppress them so they don't appear in the CLI cluttering up everything?

Thanks,
-Spiny

Catch-22

I'm working on a script atm. It has a couple of arrays of items. If historical_age>2, mall_price() is applied, otherwise historical_price() is sufficient. The way I have my script outputting, it's just plain ugly to see the Searching for... messages when mall_price is called. Is there a way that I can quiet or suppress them so they don't appear in the CLI cluttering up everything?

Thanks,
-Spiny

Hey Spiny, I'm not seeing this message. Where are you seeing it specifically? Whenever I call mall_price() I get the return value of the item, not a "Searching for..." message.

My guess is you are printing that somewhere yourself, or it's coming from a library that you have included.

Spiny

Random example:

Code:
> ash mall_price($item[pine tar])

Searching for "pine tar"...
Returned: 2999

Ordinarily I'm more than happy to see what is being searched for, but in a script I was hoping that could be behind the scenes and not visible unless in a debugging verbose mode :)

Last edited:

Catch-22

Random example:

Code:
> ash mall_price($item[pine tar])

Searching for "pine tar"...
Returned: 2999

Ordinarily I'm more than happy to see what is being searched for, but in a script I was hoping that could be behind the scenes and not visible unless in a debugging verbose mode :)

I see, it happens when you haven't searched it recently. Yep.. It can't be done, sorry.

It's hard-coded in the MallSearchRequest. You'll have to ask a dev nicely if they can either add a verbosity flag to suppress it, or remove it altogether.

Last edited:

Spiny

I see, it happens when you haven't searched it recently. Yep.. It can't be done, sorry.

It's hard-coded in the MallSearchRequest. You'll have to ask a dev nicely if they can either add a verbosity flag to suppress it, or remove it altogether.

I suspect that would probably cause more problems than it's worth :) I generally like verbosity. Also I think the way I changed the overall presentation of my script's output works better with the Searching for... messages that may occur compared to how I'd originally coded it. So it's all good :)

dj_d

Add another vote for a suppress option. I'd rather handle output myself, so I can include the results and other context-relevant stuff, all in one line.