Make.meat.fast

Barf Mountain and Volcano mining are the two currently widely mentioned meat farming places; as this script likely doesn't consider mining, I'm not surprised it's suggesting the former.

Theraze

Regarding threshold, you can tell KoL to ignore those if you want. Otherwise expect the script to consider thresholds.

And as laser said, it's currently just doing adventuring, so things like mining and other non-basic-adventuring will often be better.

But for finding a decent spot to adventure, especially if you don't have the right IotMs, it still works.

Vkkhamul

Script is amazing!
However a strange thing happened after adventuring.. It put all my General Sage's Lonely Diamonds Club Jackets for sale in the mall even though wearing one would be optimal for my rollover adventures. What gives?

Theraze

1) You farmed monsters that drop the jacket.
2) You didn't have any custom itemScript defined, so it did normal handling.
3) You didn't add the jacket to your donotsell list, so it considered it as a sellable item.
4) It was mallable, so it malled it.

Best ways to avoid that would be to either adding it to the donotsell list and handling your bounty of jackets after you have several dozen, or doing something with your itemScript such as putting one, y'know, on, if you happen to farm the oasis.

Raven434

This started a few days ago:

[462816] The Valley of Rof L'm Fao
Encounter: rampaging adding machine
Round 0: wins initiative!
Round 1: uses the 334 scroll and uses the 334 scroll!
You acquire an item: 668 scroll
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Script execution aborted (java.lang.StackOverflowError): (farm.ash, line 1357)

Thanks.

Debug log:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v17.12 r18397, Windows 7, Java 1.8.0_151
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread of KoL's
Gameplay-Discussion forum. If you would like the KoLmafia dev team
to look at it, please write a bug report at kolmafia.us. Include
specific information about what you were doing when you made this
and include this log as an attachment.
Timestamp: Sun Jan 14 18:04:34 EST 2018

class java.lang.StackOverflowError: null
java.lang.StackOverflowError
at java.util.Collections$SynchronizedMap.get(Unknown Source)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.preferences.Preferences.getObject(Preferences.java:699)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.preferences.Preferences.getBoolean(Preferences.java:613)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.preferences.Preferences.getBoolean(Preferences.java:501)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.combat.Macrofier.macrofy(Macrofier.java:127)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.nextRound(FightRequest.java:930)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.skipRound(FightRequest.java:871)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.updateCurrentAction(FightRequest.java:1179)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.nextRound(FightRequest.java:1044)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.skipRound(FightRequest.java:871)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.updateCurrentAction(FightRequest.java:1179)
at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.FightRequest.nextRound(FightRequest.java:1044)

<repeats on forever>

Last edited:

Ferdawoon

The name of the Shirt-skill was changed a few days ago.
Just replace "Torso Awaregness" on row 660 (I think it was) with "Torso Awareness".

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
This started a few days ago:

[462816] The Valley of Rof L'm Fao
Encounter: rampaging adding machine
Round 0: wins initiative!
Round 1: uses the 334 scroll and uses the 334 scroll!
You acquire an item: 668 scroll
Script execution aborted (java.lang.StackOverflowError): (farm.ash, line 1357)

Thanks.

Debug log:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v17.12 r18397, Windows 7, Java 1.8.0_151
Definitely follow @Ferdawoon's advice.

But also, please update your version of KoLmafia. Revision 18397 was released in January of 2018. See https://ci.kolmafia.us for the latest. It will work better, and if it doesn't then you can report defects in this forum.

JoshSun

I recently found this game and KOL Mafia and am enjoying both immensely. I used the link on the original post to install this script in KoL Mafia v21.9. I tried to use this script and got this error in CLI.

Bad class value: "ed the undying" (zlib.ash, line 509)

I am admittedly clueless on how to go about working this out on my own. Any help would be appreciated. If it is something rather simple, I apologize now for taking up anyone's time. Thank you for any help you can provide.

JoshSun

Wow! Thank you for the swift response.

To be honest, it was about 2 weeks ago and I can't recall. Feeling like it was from the KOL Wiki page but I can't be absolutely sure. I wish I could remember for you. I will think about it and report back if I have a moment of recall clarity. I tried to see if I could locate it on download history but CCleaner deftly did its job since.

I have installed both. going to test them both now.

Good news, I am now getting the torso awaregness error mentioned above and going to make that change with hopeful results.

Well, it all worked so far, just have to wait until the reset for my drunken stupor to be removed and see what it suggests.

Thank you again for your assistance. It is most appreciated.

As long as we are here, I am a KoL noob101. Do you have any particular favorites in tools or scripts you might suggest for KOL? or a link to a place with good suggestions?

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'm probably not the best person to ask, since I haven't played much in years / kept up much with the scripting scene. I mostly just automate turns. Every now and then I'll dig into a bug report to see if I can fix it.

A common way to use Mafia is through the Relay Browser (click the map icon in the main UI) and just play as you would otherwise. By default, Mafia will add some tweaks to the web interface (e.g. quick use links for recently-acquired items, slight spoilers around monster stats / choice adventures).

There's a general user guide on the KoLmafia wiki which might be slightly out-of-date, but it's mostly still valid. Most of the rest of the KoLmafia wiki content is geared toward writing scripts.

These forums are a good place to start looking for scripts, but honestly, I'd suggest getting acquainted with the game before deciding to automate away the "boring" parts. Once you've finished the main questline, there are literally dozens of challenge paths (most of which are different rather than harder), or a fair amount of side content (mostly related to previous Items of the Month).

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
As @heeheehee says, there are lots of scripts for automating various things, and KoLmafia has settings for how "spoiler-y" the hints should be. I would definitely look for scripts that have active maintainers, because scripts are highly dependent on KoLmafia's version and that can be highly dependent on what KoL has done recently.

You can even get scripts that go in your relay browser and tell you what you need to do next, but that leaves a lot of the fun of exploration out of things, not to mention the wordplay.