Make.meat.fast

dj_d

@Rinn: It's easy to add that (just look for the code that chooses between the lep and hobo monkey) - but I'm probably going to upgrade it at some point to automatically evaluate all the familiars and consider only the best.

@Spiny: Probably should. I did notice that, and decided not to worry about it unless and until it caused a "real" bug. :)

@codster: There will probably be some perf enhancements coming, but the bottom line is that if you want to optimize, you have to do a lot of iteration. Buy a better computer, be patient, or settle for something nonoptimal (by using a standard farming script).

codster62

Gosh... I am kinda mad. XD I just spent 3 hours running the script then it runs and says I don't have smartstasis so I am on my own. :( Three hours wasted. I will attempt again, but it has to run overnight as I need to go to bed soon.

Spiny

Gosh... I am kinda mad. XD I just spent 3 hours running the script then it runs and says I don't have smartstasis so I am on my own. :( Three hours wasted. I will attempt again, but it has to run overnight as I need to go to bed soon.

Neither smartstasis nor FTF are included as part of the ascend.zip package so if you're being told you need smartstasis, it's most likely on account of whatever CCS you happen to be using. In any event, whatever scripts you have, and use, should all be in the same scripts folder. If you want a quick script, this isn't the script for you. It does take a long time to process all the info that it handles. For me, it only took an hour to get to the point where it advises where to go prior to begin adventuring. I have an abort written in there so that nothing happens at that point and I can do whatever I want. I merely use the script for info purposes.

codster62

Ok, I am gonna try using my labtop with it. I use ubuntu, but I can't get it to work on that, so I will try my luck with windows 7. :)

Grotfang

Developer
I use Linux Mint (a modified version of Ubuntu) and it runs perfectly. Most likely the time you are experiencing is either a result of your machine, or (given your reference to smartstasis - a script I don't have either) other scripts interfering.

dj_d

Note that if you use the default settings, it will only recommend, and not adventure for you. Still, props for adding your own safety measures - I'd do the same in your shoes!

dj_d

New version posted that tweaks the item drop calculations for a bit more accuracy.

Note that market fluctuations have caused farm.ash to recommend me a new optimal location this morning - one that can be farmed, even at low levels, VERY profitably by (counter-intuitively) maximizing your meat drop outfit and using a *fairy* (not leprechaun) familiar. Run it and see!

codster62

Yayy. I love my labtop. Much faster then my desktop. XD Probably because it is running ubuntu... Anyways, after failed repeated attempts at using my desktop, I switched to my labtop, and it is now only taking approximately 30-45 minutes for it to do it's thing. So anyways, I will list the results in a bit. Thanks for the script Dj_d and sorry for giving you a bunch of crap about it being slow.

EDIT: Ok, I ran it again, and after it was about to adventure, I get an error. :(

Begin index 0 greater than end index -2 (farm.ash, line 569)

I am running again to see if I recieve the same results. I remember this happening before on another script...

SECOND TRY RESULTS

I tried once again, and got the same results. Everything else seemed to work fine, but this is the problem apparently...

Begin index 0 greater than end index -2 (farm.ash, line 569)

PLEASE help somebody... The line 569 says: last_index_of(best_cmd,"}")-1);

Last edited:

dj_d

Fix uploaded.

Note that if it aborts after it give you your recommendation, you can always adventure manually.

codster62

Ok, I did not understand quite fully. When it gets done, and starts to adventure, is that the place it will adventure for all adventures, or will it switch places sometimes? Anyways, I got the fix, and it is now running on my labtop.

EDIT: Well, it's running, but I don't know if it will work yet. I'll let ya know. ;)

EDIT/RESULTS!

Yes! It's working now! Thanks alot. :) Much appreciated.

Last edited:

codster62

Hmmm. Now to report my results since nobody has really given any information.

Today I spent 350 adventures with this script on my character. Using all 350 adventures, and selling all piles of dusty animal bones recovered(190 of em), I was able to make 240k total at the end of the day. Now, you estimated 1190 MPA with this script. According to the results today, I made about 600 MPA. Is there something I need to do better with this, or does it just vary from day to day? Also, I am not critizizing, but you forgot to think about how quick and at what price the items will sell. I have another multi selling her piles at 950 meat per pile, and they are not selling even that low below mall price... Oh well. I will try tomorrow/tonight and send my results once again.

Thanks,
Cody

dj_d

The script doesn't guarantee your stuff will sell in the mall for the current market price. As described, prices may change, or it may take a few days to get everything sold. But if you want to be conservative, change the mall markdown amount to something higher - like 100. Then you'll thoroughly undercut the 5th-best price (but make less meat).

codster62

Ok, I just used it with another multi, and for some reason, it picked the wine racks to farm and only made me 50k. :( With 200 adventures. Anyways, why is it doing this? My character is a level 17 Seal Clubber that has access to Giant Castle which would obviously make at least twice as much as the wine racks made me... My character had buffs and could farm at about 300% meat and 10% items, so it should have farmed at the castle which would most likely be the best option. Instead, it picks the racks...

Spiny

Ok, I just used it with another multi, and for some reason, it picked the wine racks to farm and only made me 50k. :( With 200 adventures. Anyways, why is it doing this? My character is a level 17 Seal Clubber that has access to Giant Castle which would obviously make at least twice as much as the wine racks made me... My character had buffs and could farm at about 300% meat and 10% items, so it should have farmed at the castle which would most likely be the best option. Instead, it picks the racks...

My first thought is that if you think you should be farming the castle and disagree with the script, then just farm the castle and don't run the script.

My second thought is have you modified the script so that it works best for you and your given situation? dj_d has offered us the necessary framework to do this, but it's up to each of us to provide the script the necessary settings to make it consider what what would be best for the character in question. At least that is my impression of the script.

The script, as is, considers two outfits derived by maximize meat drops and maximize item drops. For me, maximize item drops involves using my sticker sword. This is not ideal for me as I have only one and I reserve it for hobo boss kills. I could take the time to change the outfit it considers to be what I use for my item drop outfit, but I haven't gone to that length yet as I use the script for merely informational purposes and curiosity. Mostly I don't have the patience to wait for it to run lol. Granted, I don't think I've pulled the latest version down as yet.

Next, consider non-combat/combat boosters:
The script, at present, has 4 preset groups it uses to determine +/- combat enhancers. These groups include the use of: smooth movements/sonata/rock salt or deodorant/ring of conflict & musk of the moose/cantata/pine needles or reodorant/monster bait.

If you do not have all of these skills, items available to you, then create a group (groups) that will work for you.

It also considers the use of knob goblin nasal spray and knob goblin eyedrops.

There's a lot of code in this script and YMMV. My view of the script is that it's a guide, not a bible, but a guide. I can listen to the advice it offers or make my own choices. It sounds like you're not happy with the choices the script is making, but perhaps the script is not optimized to you yet and you need to take care of that.

dj_d

Thanks Spiny - right on. I suggest you set up your favorite +item outfit, call it "items", and replace "maximize item drop" with "outfit items". Those lines can be any cli text that you want.

It's also quite clear that codster is not the most patient player in the game - obviously you're not going to get much meat if you don't wait for your items to sell in the mall, a process that plays out over hours or days.

Optimal farming takes time and patience. If you want quick hits, farm the castle.

(note that the name of the thread is an homage to this and not a strict description of what the script does!)

dj_d

Updated version posted with a big new feature - it considers every familiar that you have, and only considers the very best ones, making things go faster.

Mr Purple

Two very minor suggestions:

Firstly, given that the script imports canadv.ash, is it worth putting that in the suite of packages? I can see how this might not be desirable though, if it wasn't written by you.

Secondly, I don't know if anyone else had this but importing another script was case-sensitive. eatdrink.ash was unrecognised but EatDrink.ash worked fine.

These aren't really problems at all though. Great script!

Spiny

Two very minor suggestions:

Firstly, given that the script imports canadv.ash, is it worth putting that in the suite of packages? I can see how this might not be desirable though, if it wasn't written by you.

Secondly, I don't know if anyone else had this but importing another script was case-sensitive. eatdrink.ash was unrecognised but EatDrink.ash worked fine.

These aren't really problems at all though. Great script!

In re to including canadv.ash, dj_d said this a few posts ago:

I run a modified version of canadv locally that I don't want to inflict upon the world, which is why I don't include it in the distribution. I'm absolutely delighted that you found the problem though, and just as happy that it wasn't in my code.

As for eatdrink.ash vs EatDrink.ash... I had to change it to EatDrink.ash in order for the script to run. I don't know about other operating systems, but at least in Linux, the names of files are case sensitive.

dj_d

Spiny's right, I think - it's a Unix "feature" that the filenames are case sensitive, which can cause issues.

ziz

It was trying to tell me the Boss Bat's lair was the right place to go on pure meat drops - which it would be, if I could get there.

I had to hack canadv to not allow Boss Bat if I've already killed him, but I screwed it up last time, so I'm not posting my code until I've tested it more extensively this time.

Last edited: