huff

I get the following error when running the script:

Location 17/110: Burnbarrel Blvd.
DROP: bed of coals valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
DROP: flamin' bindle valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
DROP: Tales from the Fireside valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
DROP: Kissin' Cousins valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
Monster Hot Hobo has 5 drop(s):
MEAT: base drop is 0 meat with a modifier of 63% and familiar bonus of 0 results in a drop of 0 meat.
Total of 5 drops. Monster worth is 0 and frequency is 100.
DROP: Elron's Explosive Etude valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
DROP: Ol' Scratch's salad fork valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
DROP: Ol' Scratch's ash can valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
DROP: Ol' Scratch's ol' britches valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
DROP: Ol' Scratch's stovepipe hat valued at 0, as its frequency is unkown
Fell through drop_array without finding a match. Aborting!
KoLmafia declares world peace.

I've upgraded everything to the newest version (canadv, zlib, etc) and I couldn't find anything about it when searching.

Am I doing something wrong?

Winterbay

That error means that an item was found that didn't match the standard item categories in item_drop_array(), which is odd.
Do you get it all the time? If so, you may want to add Burnbarrel Blvd. to the zones it should skip to avoid it or try to figure out what item it is that is causing the problem.

huff

Adding Hobopolis to the skiplist worked, now the simulation works fine. When I want to let the script execute, it returns
Now executing on meat drop,switch Hobo Monkey{Wasabi Sinuses};
Unable to invoke meat

I like that error, I never heard my pc complain about being unable to invoke meat before :)

Winterbay

Huh... I've no idea why that would happen. Could you a) make sure you don't have a script/alias named "meat" and b) check your copy of the script for maximize-commands that doesn't have a parenthesis after it? (They should all be "maximize("command", false/true)")

huff

Checked both, doesn't seem to be the problem.
I've shared the session log here, if that might be of help.

I can fully understand if you don't feel like looking through the entire log tho, I did after all agree to the caveat of ascend.ash. I'm planning to try the script with my multi once he's beaten the sorceress (probably tomorrow), so I can check if the problem is account-related.

kain

I've been making little tweaks here and there (zone name changes, added olfaction, trivial things like that) but this script is pretty much obsolete, right?

Theraze

Yep. dj_d hasn't been what anyone might call 'active' for... 3 years now? Might be two, but... yeah. Not exactly updated. :)

Last edited:

kain

I have a char who runs this script daily, and while he doesn't necessarily make a million meat a day, the script does still regularly change farming locations based on the market.

Winterbay

Yep, I have the same and it works nicely. I may make more meat from making a new one but it's a lot more effort than it's worth since with the modifications I've done it works pretty well.
I wonder if the basis for the password release on ascend.ash has been met yet...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I've been making little tweaks here and there (zone name changes, added olfaction, trivial things like that) but this script is pretty much obsolete, right?

Not obsolete as much as unmaintained. Given that he bundled it into Ascend and charged for it I am not sure what the ethics would be in terms of actually sharing your changes, unless, of course you encrypted the script with your changes using the same password.

Xenocomplex

Long time lurker and just got back into KoL so I'm trying to catch up on scripts and stuff and I'd like to ask a quick question.
Since dj_d has been inactive for such a long time, is it still possible to get a copy of this script along with the ascend script?
Also would these scripts be broken due to location and quest changes?

Been curious about these scripts for a long time but since I'm not really an active member of the scripting community or very knowledgeable in scripting itself, I've always been too shy to ask. D:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Long time lurker and just got back into KoL so I'm trying to catch up on scripts and stuff and I'd like to ask a quick question.
Since dj_d has been inactive for such a long time, is it still possible to get a copy of this script along with the ascend script?
Also would these scripts be broken due to location and quest changes?

Been curious about these scripts for a long time but since I'm not really an active member of the scripting community or very knowledgeable in scripting itself, I've always been too shy to ask. D:

I maintained Ascend as a favor to the community. I stopped after a while because the user base was small, the reward was non-existent, and I could see no practical reason to prefer Ascend over BCCAscend. So my recommendation for scripted ascending would be to use BCCAscend. The last version of the scripts I released will almost certainly be broken due to changes in the Kingdom. I don't have any idea whether fixing that would be easy or hard. Location changes would be easy but the tweaked quests would not be.

The honorable way to get the scripts would be to send dj_d a Mr. A. and get the password and then find my latest, password protected, changes on this board. This runs the risk that dj_d has truly given up on KoL and never responds so the next effect is you are out a Mr. A.

You can PM me about less honorable ways or, if there is enough interest, I will see if dj_d will respond to me and give permission for the scripts to be released.

somebody1234

What counts as an outfit?
It's taking around 15 minutes to analyse each location.
And rollover is in just over 1 hour.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
What counts as an outfit?
It's taking around 15 minutes to analyse each location.
And rollover is in just over 1 hour.

Don't understand the first question.

Since dj_d has given permission to release this maybe someone else will see the revival of interest and offer to share their experience or maintain the script.

15 minutes per area is reasonable unless you have a screeching fast computer on a fast and reliable connection.

Don't see how the third item is relevant unless you are looking for some kind of sympathy which you are unlikely to get.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
If "analyzing" really means just sitting there and not adventuring (maybe with some CLI output), and that 15 minutes is multiplied by every location the script considers, then it sounds like the script is unusable for somebody1234.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
If "analyzing" really means just sitting there and not adventuring (maybe with some CLI output), and that 15 minutes is multiplied by every location the script considers, then it sounds like the script is unusable for somebody1234.

Which is fine and reasonable but not the kind of request that is going to lead to action. There is a big difference to me between complaining that something takes too long and asking for help because something takes too long. The last time I ran it, it took between two and three hours of wall clock time (total) before starting to execute the plan and I can deal with that. So it is useable in its current state for someone (me) and the solution for somebody1234 may be to change expectations.

This is, after all, a script that iterates over items, locations and equipment combinations so it is going to take a noticeable amount of time to do that.

I should also note that it is effectively an unmaintained script
so the discussion best serves a purpose if people come forward and share their experience and versions.

Winterbay

I've uploaded my version to SVN for anyone interested. Since there is most likely going to be people who want to make their own changes to it, remember that those needs to be done to the version of the script that resides in the /svn-folder in the Mafia-folder. In order to check it out use the following command:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/winterbay-mafia/farm/code/

Theraze

Might I suggest this for noncombatmeat?
Code:
noncombatmeat[$location[The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)]] = max(450,3*sell_val($item[thin black candle]));
Since you can guaranteed-pick between the warm subject and 3 thin black candles, we definitely know we can get the max of those two choices per non-combat.

Last edited:

Theraze

To make my out-of-date-script checker happier, could the $location["oasis in the desert"] line be updated with $location[the oasis]? Both removing the quotation marks and fixing a broken location name... though the line is commented out now, it presents an example for how to do stuff, and so may end up live for some people. :) Thanks!