Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: October ItoM : latte lovers member's mug

Developer

Default October ItoM : latte lovers member's mug

Working on it !

I haven’t actually used it for anything yet, and I’m not sure whether I should wait until KoLmafia is updated to start finding everything. I suppose it doesn’t matter too much, since it is apparently reset on ascension.

That’s a shame: I love one-time scavenger hunts (demon names, hobo codes, etc.), but they become a chore if everything gets reset.

Developer

r18924 and r18925 adds initial support for most of it.

Things that may well turn up and require changes :
    Is Combat rate change +/-5 or more?
    Does Offer Latte add 1 copy or more?
    Does Throw Latte banish reset at rollover?
    The mistakes that need fixes!

Things I'm not sure if we should support or not:
    Recognising which things we've unlocked - as native interface shows it well
    Changing setup of Latte mug - like Pantogram it's complex, and native interface works well.

With some duplicate modifiers, I suspect the current code isn't sufficient, and the code needs to be a lot messier to handle it all.

Developer

Yeah, we might need to re-write other code too.
    In particular, parseItemEnchantments needs to handle items with two modifiers (eg +20 Spooky Damage and +25 Spooky Damage) and add them together.

Developer

r18928 handles that, I think (and not much messier, just a new function to add to existing modifiers in a list, rather than adding as new modifiers if another of that name existed).

Things I'm not sure if we should support or not:
    Recognising which things we've unlocked - as native interface shows it well
    Changing setup of Latte mug - like Pantogram it's complex, and native interface works well.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    So, I think the radio button values being obfuscated makes getting a refill worth supporting. Automating it in ASH is much more involved than the single visit_url() needed for the pantogram (unless the radio button values are able to be gotten in a manner more simple than this: https://pastebin.com/BJZyKdkb ).

Belgian vanilla latte is not (necessarily) also vanilla latte: https://puu.sh/BFmlP/617713ce97.png

Developer

It is very tempting to change that whole code to a server hit on the item description !

Developer

So, I think the radio button values being obfuscated makes getting a refill worth supporting. Automating it in ASH is much more involved than the single visit_url() needed for the pantogram (unless the radio button values are able to be gotten in a manner more simple than this: https://pastebin.com/BJZyKdkb ).
    Originally Posted by yojimbos_law View Post
    Urgh, the values change every time you visit the page! That's a nightmare! What possible benefit is there to doing that or is it just to mess with scripters?

(Edit - I'd guess it was actually there to stop us learning what all the options were, and stop us brute forcing ones others had discovered. But then it was decided to show them all to make it more user friendly)
    Last edited by Darzil; 10-04-2018 at 10:32 AM.