Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: vcon - Veracity's consumable library

Philosophy Question.

I understand the importance of semi-rares in run, especially HC. But out of run is it not true that a SR is just an economic decision? If I need it, I can buy it, right? So if I eat a fortune cookie to ensure I can get a SR, isn't that the same as saying the profit from a fortune cookie is the mall price of the most expensive SR? If so then it is theoretically possible that reserving space for a fortune cookie (or eating one) is less profitable than using the space for something else?

I understand vcon is focused on aftercore but I am pondering how/if/when it replaces or supplements EatDrink for me.

Yes, farming semirares in after core is an economic decision.

A fortune cookie is size 1 and provides one adventure. Eat it with milk, you get 2 adventures. (And zarqon's irritation at using milk to eat a single item notwithstanding, if your MPA (or VOA) is more than the cost of milk, it is profitable to do so to gain a single adventure.)

So, if you eat a fortune cookie and get 1 (or 2) adventures from it, in order to get semirare numbers rather than eating a better size 1 food and getting 6 (or 7) adventures, the opportunity cost of farming the semirare rather than just buying it is 5 adventures from eating the low quality food plus at least one adventure collecting the semirare - and you are not guaranteed to get a single definitive number from the fortune cookie.

If you can sell a semirare for more than 6 times your MPA, then sure, collect them. Otherwise, just buy them if you want.

Lucky Lindy is a better choice, probably, but even so, I'm not interested in semirare farming with my characters.

YMMV.

Heh, my being irked by the milk was due to 1) losing out on the semirare I'd taken some pains to provide for, and b) ending up using two milks for breakfast, which is not so profitable as using just one.

Anyway, if you're not interested in semirare farming I understand. Fortune cookies are almost certainly less profitable than just meat farming, but Lucky Lindies may or may not be more profitable. For me, my MPA with VMF hovers around 3400, so taking a 3-turn loss on the drink and then spending a turn farming a 16-18k semirare is still profitable. I'll figure out how to handle it on my end -- and using your spiffing library, to boot, for which I hope I don't sound ungrateful.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

You can get 3 speakeasy drinks a day and Lucky Lindys always give you a precise burp, rather than crappy-quality fortune cookies giving you up to 3 possible numbers. I'll think about putting semirare farming via Lucky Lindy into VMF. That's part of the consumption strategy, and therefore belongs there, rather than in vcon. Considering you'll be able to get from one to three semirares per day, it would involve reserving some liver space to accommodate later Lucky Lindys.

If I do that, who knows: perhaps you'll not need to do your consumption before running VMF.