Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zone bonuses should not be doubled by Squint

Yeah, would be more difficult.

However, at present the proof is in a zone where we now find drop rates drop off quickly, so needs checking.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Speluck is an easy way of checking in a zone where everything else is fully understood.

Adventuring in Barf Mountain with all the passives (Mad Looting Skillz, Powers of Observatiogn, Natural Born Scrabbler, Object Quasi-Permanence, 20/20 Vision, Thief Among the Honorable), Steely-Eyed Squint, a ring of the skeleton lord and a stinky fannypack. This gives 250% if the drop is doubled, 210% if it isn't. With the perfectly fair coin, I need +233% to force a 15% drop.

I get the drop. Just to check, I swap the fannypack for Cheeng's and equip a Light that Never Goes Out for a natural 210%, which fails to get the drop as expected.

So it looks like the fannypack, at least, is doubled by Squint.

The scenario that triggered this thread, that I've replicated, is:
    *adventure in the Party with Squint, the champagne bottle, the perfectly fair coin, and X% drop that includes the surprisingly capacious handbag. Fail to get a rare. Adventure with X% drop not including the handbag, and get the rare. There are a few other things it could be here -- I'll check whether the fannypack is doubled by the champagne bottle tomorrow.

Champagne bottle seems to also double. Contra earlier this thread, it looks like Florist is doubled as well: if I, with the champagne bottle, remove a camp scout backpack (+15%, doubled) and add a Stealing Magnolia (+25%), I start getting the expensive camera drops again.

Best guess at the moment is just that handbag is special. Next, I'll look into whether it works at all, with the perfectly fair coin.

Developer

Well, that's good news. Maybe handbag is just broken, then.

r18882 reshuffles the code back.
    Last edited by Darzil; 09-12-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Developer

Ryo, how's the spading going? Just handbag broken, or something else?