New Content - Implemented September 2018 IotM - The Neverending Party

Darzil

Developer
r18897 adds this.

I am working on quest tracking, but waiting for a combination of time and my ability to test some of the cases. It works for two of the quests so far.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The "pay the DJ" quest has ghost Meat gains like the Nuns quest.
Turning in 10 booze (seemingly) left them in inventory a couple of days ago,

Malibu Stacey

TRIO cup of beer doesn't have consumption info yet so here's a data point.

Code:
Drinking 1 TRIO cup of beer...
You gain 8 Adventures
You gain 20 Strengthliness
You gain 18 Enchantedness
You gain 26 Cheek
You gain 1 Drunkenness
You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze (-1)
Finished drinking 1 TRIO cup of beer.

That's from being a Vole moon-sign (+10% moxie) and I forgot to closet my stack of Swizzlers so it looks like it used one of those too.

I'll another tomorrow (and remember to closet the Swizzlers).

Darzil

Developer
Have we got code to recognise items by plural ?

The quest log shows things like "10 mounds of uncooked chorizo", and I'd like to convert to itemId.

I couldn't find it, but I really don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Each item has a plural proxy field, so the data is there. But I have no idea if there's any built in support to match strings to that.

Malibu Stacey

Code:
Drinking 1 TRIO cup of beer...
You gain 8 Adventures
You gain 15 Fortitude
You gain 23 Mysteriousness
You gain 33 Cheek
You gain 1 Drunkenness
You lose some of an effect: Ode to Booze (-1)
Finished drinking 1 TRIO cup of beer.

No Swizzler this time but today is a moxie moon bonus day (and I still have a moxie moon sign so +35% total or that's what modtrace exp tells me).

Darzil

Developer
r18899 adds some lightly tested (At 1 in 6 rate, could go weeks before testing them all) quest tracking.

_partyHard = true if you started quest wearing Party HARD shirt.
_questPartyFairQuest = today's quest, valid values are trash, booze, woots, partiers, food and dj.
_questPartyFair = quest state, valid values:
unstarted - you haven't yet taken quest
started - you have taken quest, but haven't started making progress til you talk to Gerald/Geraldine (only exists on booze and food quests)
step1 - Progressing quest objectives
step2 - Return to get your reward
finished - You have completed quest today
_questPartyFairProgress - depends on quest.
on trash quest - counts down from XXXX to 0.
on booze quest - shows number required and item number - note, does not YET recognise quest log entry to count down - it may never count down, as you can see that from inventory.
on woots quest - counts up from 10 to 100.
on partiers quest - counts down from XXX to 0.
on food quest - shows number required and item number - note, does not YET recognise quest log entry to count down - it may never count down, as you can see that from inventory.
on dj quest - counts down from XXXX to 0.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Have we got code to recognise items by plural ?
ResultProcesser.processItem does this:

Code:
		// If we got more than one, do substring matching. This might
		// allow recognition of an unknown (or changed) plural form.

int itemId = ItemDatabase.getItemId( itemName, itemCount, itemCount > 1 );
This is after it has determined the the string it is parsing is of the form "<numberic> text" and is not an exact match; "334 scroll" is not a plural, for example.

ItemDatabase.getItemId will call ItemDatabase.getCononicalName with a specified "count", which, if the count is greater than 1, will use ItemDatabase.itemIdByPlural to look up plurals.

So, there doesn't seem to be a method which takes either "334 scroll" or "5 bowls of mush" and understands that the first is an exact match single item (with count 1) and the latter is an exact match plural item (with count 5), but all the tools are available.

Darzil

Developer
Thanks.

Have used that in r18906, which should also move to step2 when you have enough of the item (and step back to step1 if you use it).

Ah, yeah, I just ran into one: the megawoots quest doesn't get set to 100 when the progress changes from step 1 to step 2.

Log snippet:
Code:
Encounter: party girl
|
Preference _neverendingPartyFreeTurns changed from 8 to 9
Preference _questPartyFairProgress changed from 69 to 75
The Party is at 75/100 woots.
Encounter: Basement Urges
Preference _neverendingPartyFreeTurns changed from 9 to 10
Preference _questPartyFairProgress changed from 75 to 95
[no direct update printed to the cli]
Encounter: jock
|
Preference _questPartyFair changed from step1 to step2
The Party is at 95/100 woots.

It threw me off prompting me to go into another fight only to then run into the All Done! as a happy surprise.

taltamir

The daily deeds reminder for 10 free turns in party (not just fights, the noncombat counts too) is placed in line with too many other free fights, causing them to be cut off by the screen size on default sized daily deeds.

maybe make it so that it word wraps?

Yendor

The pump-up high tops are getting decremented from my inventory each time they're used. Shouldn't they be "reusable"?

Also, it would be appreciated if the actual initiative bonus could be tracked. It doesn't reset at rollover, though I haven't ascended yet.

Crowther

The pump-up high tops are getting decremented from my inventory each time they're used. Shouldn't they be "reusable"?

Also, it would be appreciated if the actual initiative bonus could be tracked. It doesn't reset at rollover, though I haven't ascended yet.
The init does seem to be tracked.
Code:
> ash numeric_modifier($item[pump-up high-tops], "initiative")

Returned: 25.0
However, it looks like it is set to reset at rollover.
Code:
> prefref pump

Name Value Default Scope
_highTopPumps 3 0 user