Feature pull cli command "free" option, to pull all free pulls

taltamir

Checking the help command I get the following options for the pull CLI command

Code:
hagnk all | outfit [I]name[/I] | [I]item[/I] [, [I]item[/I]]... - pull [I]item[/I]s     from Hagnk's storage.
pull all | outfit [I]name[/I] | [I]item[/I] [, [I]item[/I]]...     - pull [I]item[/I]s from Hagnk's storage.
It would be great if one of the options was "pull free" which would pull all free pulls from hangk.

Darzil

Developer
Most free pulls are cosmetic / chat effect / curse items.

I'm tempted to not do this on that basis, but perhaps other people have use cases ?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
A post-ascension script could have
Code:
foreach it in get_storage()
{
  if ( boolean_modifier( it, "Free Pull" )
  {
    cli_execute( "pull " + storage_amount( it ) + " " + it );
  }
}
...except that won't work in Hardcore, since pull first checks for Hardcore and does nothing in that case. Which I guess means that command could use some work anyway.

I will probably get to that, eventually. I could see adding the requested feature along the way, if it's easy, but I don't plan to put too much effort into figuring out the logic given all the other logic in that command.

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, allowing free pull in Hardcore is easy enough, and should be done. I could certainly see doing that.

taltamir

Most free pulls are cosmetic / chat effect / curse items.
Sure, but there are also some useful items:
*bastille battallion
*cursed poney keg manufacture mall sellable goods daily for free as long as they are in the inventory.
*cursed microwave manufacture mall sellable goods daily for free as long as they are in the inventory.
*talking spade is used for spading
*hobo code binder is needed if hunting for hobo glyphs

You also have to actually manually use the command in the first place, so only if you wanted all the free pulls. And its not like having a joke item in your inventory causes any harm.

Last edited: