Feature When garbage tote item disintegrates, pause and ask player if they want to continue

taltamir

The garbage tote items are powerful rentables that last for a certain number of turns instead of the whole day. When it finally disintegrates, it would be great if mafia showed one of its "are you sure you want to continue" screens, like the protection against accidental clover use, or going to the desert without being ultrahydrated, or fighting a sea gladiator without a special weapon equipped.

All too often I end up in a fight unarmed or under equipped because I didn't notice the garbage tote item had disintegrated on me.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How do you propose that plays with automated adventuring? The clover screens etc. appear in the Relay Browser.

taltamir

How do you propose that plays with automated adventuring? The clover screens etc. appear in the Relay Browser.
I was mostly thinking of manual adventuring and thus using the relay browser.

But now that you brought it up though, for those who enable this feature (which I imagine will be a checkbox just like protect against accidental clover usage is) I imagine it as stopping the automatic adventuring the same way semirare counter does.

I think they already tagged as breakables, and as such, whouldn't it be more sensible to have mafia abort if you have it set to restore breakable equipments?

I was mostly thinking of manual adventuring and thus using the relay browser.

But now that you brought it up though, for those who enable this feature (which I imagine will be a checkbox just like protect against accidental clover usage is) I imagine it as stopping the automatic adventuring the same way semirare counter does.

There is a message that mafia displays in the gCLI when a garbage tote item breaks. I suppose it isn't the most noticeable thing though.

It looks like, but I'm not certain, you can add breakableHandling + itemId preferences to enable per-item specific behavior (or just breakableHanding to cover non-specific items). That being said, it doesn't appear that you can just tell mafia to ignore the broken item.

taltamir

I think they already tagged as breakables, and as such, whouldn't it be more sensible to have mafia abort if you have it set to restore breakable equipments?
where can I find this option?

There is a message that mafia displays in the gCLI when a garbage tote item breaks. I suppose it isn't the most noticeable thing though.
Yes, not the most noticeable. It doesn't abort either

It looks like, but I'm not certain, you can add breakableHandling + itemId preferences to enable per-item specific behavior (or just breakableHanding to cover non-specific items). That being said, it doesn't appear that you can just tell mafia to ignore the broken item.
I am not quite sure what you mean here

Darzil

Developer
r18781 sets breakable handling for the three breakable garbage items to abort, as they cannot usually be replaced. This only affects automation (but will always set MafiaState to pending).