New Content - Implemented Disguises Delimit

Darzil

Developer
Stuff to implement:

Recognise monsters wearing masks (so it doesn't break monster tracking)
Log monsters wearing masks
Log masks traded
Maybe once spaded change from recognising modifiers to recognising masks ?
Some effects from combats.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Ah, some of the council quests are different. If someone can capture the text for them it'd be appreciated!

Crowther

Just a heads up, since this was likely due to monster tracking not working, but mafia didn't properly count my evil removing in the cyrpt. Once a location was finished, when I adventured there (and couldn't), the preference for the location was not zeroed, which caused an infinite loop. This was before 18756. I finished my turns before that was released.

Erich

Ah, some of the council quests are different. If someone can capture the text for them it'd be appreciated!

level six, first visit to the council (copy / paste):

We require your aid, Masked Adventurer. We need a mosquito larva. Don't ask why, because we won't tell you. It definitely isn't for wild Masquerade party stunts or for making fake mezcal. In any case, the best place to find a mosquito larva is in the Spooky Forest, which is found in the Distant Woods. We'll mark it on your map for you.

New Area Unlocked
The Spooky Forest, in the Distant Woods.

The Council requires another task of you, Masked Adventurer. You must slay the Bo-- uh, the Bonerdagon! Yes, already, ha ha! He can be found in the deepest part of the Bat Hole, in the Nearby Plains. Slay him, and return to us with proof of your conquest!

We've gotten word, Adventurer, that the Knob... Guys, who normally keep to themselves over at Cobb's Knob, are planning a major military action against Seaside Town.

We need for you to go deep into the Knob, and nip this problem in the bud, so to speak, by neutralizing the ancient mummy Ed the Undying.

Our spies have determined that there is a secret entrance that will allow you to access the inside of the Knob. They recovered this map, but nobody knows how to read it.

You'll need to figure out how to decrypt the symbols on it if you're going to find that entrance and crash their party.
Cobb's Knob map You acquire an item: Cobb's Knob map

The Deep Fat Friars in the Distant Woods are having a problem, besides the fact that they're too stodgy and dignified to wear fun masks. One of their experiments has gone awry, and fey creatures have invaded their grove. Please, Masked Adventurer, lend them your assistance!

going back immediately:

We still need a mosquito larva, Masked Adventurer. Please find us one, in the Spooky Forest.

You have not yet slain the Bonerdagon. He can be found in the Bat Hole, in the Nearby Plains.

You need to find your way into Cobb's Knob, Adventurer. Try looking around the Outskirts for a clue that might help you figure out that map we gave you.

The Deep Fat Friars still require your assistance. You can find them in the Distant Woods.

edit: some more

Thanks for the larva, Masked Adventurer. We'll put this to hilarious use.
Meat You gain 500 Meat.

We've received word that the owner of the Typical Tavern, or at least someone who is standing behind the bar at the Typical Tavern, in the Distant Woods, is having a bit of a rat problem. I'm sure he'd reward you if you took care of it for him.

going back:

The owner of the Typical Tavern is still bugging us about his rat problems. Perhaps you could help him?

lvl 7:

Recently, an aura of extreme, um... Hairyness? has begun to emanate from within the Cyrpt, near the Misspelled Cemetary. We fear that some horrible monster has taken up residence there, and begun to rile up the local... devils and robots and stuff?

Would you be so good as to investigate? This device should help:
Evilometer You acquire an item: Evilometer

going back:

The Hairyness still emanates from the Cyrpt, Masked Adventurer. See if you can find and destroy the source, and bring us back proof of your conquest.

lvl 8 and finished bat hole

You have slain the Bonerdagon! Good job taking on such a difficult boss so early, ha ha!

Masked Adventurer! We've received an urgent letter from the Trapper, requesting our assistance. I don't know if he's doing the whole Masquerade thing or not, but he signed his letter "The Trapper", so probably not. He's been out in the wilderness for a long time, and kinda forgot how to have fun, if you ask me. Anyway, we're all, like, really busy partying right now, so we were hoping you could go out to his place and see what he wants.

He lives at the base of Mt. McLargeHuge, the tallest of the Big Mountains. We'll mark it on your map for you.

You still have unfinished business with the Trapper, Masked Adventurer.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Just a heads up, since this was likely due to monster tracking not working, but mafia didn't properly count my evil removing in the cyrpt. Once a location was finished, when I adventured there (and couldn't), the preference for the location was not zeroed, which caused an infinite loop. This was before 18756. I finished my turns before that was released.
Yes, that would be monster tracking not working. I first noticed when Snojo fights weren't recognised.

Darzil

Developer
r18759 should recognise the end of combat when you don't win. (Non wins were recognised by lack of fight.php links, but there is always one on the swap mask button, so it now checks how many there are when in this path)

Darzil

Developer
r18760 adds all the council messages I think, other than the last one. I was doing a 100% hardcore run, and ran out of turns to get the final key.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I assume that monster name fixing will eventually belong in AdventureRequest (where OCRS and other handling currently are) instead of CombatActionManager. I haven't looked closely to see the difference it makes yet.

Darzil

Developer
Ah, thats where it is! Yeah, just looking at that code now, as want to capture and log it and apply modifiers to monsters.

Darzil

Developer
r18773 logs mask swapping.

Maybe we are done unless there are monster stat changes for things we track that get accurately spaded?

zarqon

Can we make the monster's current mask accessible, perhaps in random_modifiers or as a new proxy record? It would be helpful for combat scripts.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Mafia does not correctly recognize monsters with special masks:
Bonerdagon mask Worn by the Boss Bat
Naughty Sorceress mask Worn by the Knob Goblin King
Groar's mask Worn by the Bonerdagon
Ed the Undying mask Worn by Groar
Big Wisniewski mask Worn by The Man
The Man mask Worn by The Big Wisniewski
Boss Bat mask Worn by the Naughty Sorceress (first form)

Mafia gives this:
[31] The Boss Bat's Lair
Encounter: The Bonerdagon
Round 0: ckb1 wins initiative!
ckb-consult: Round 1: Fighting a The Bonerdagon at The Boss Bat's Lair with 48 ML

> ash last_monster()

Returned: The Bonerdagon
id => 0

Darzil

Developer
Yeah, how should we handle that?
On the one hand, I quite like the way KOL reports the encounter as The Bonerdagon rather than The Boss Bat wearing a Bonerdagon mask, and we mirror that.
On the other hand, we could change it the way we do with other monsters (and apply the Stats x 2 to Boss Bat).

ckb

Minion
Staff member
It would be great to recognize the actual monster with a mask. Right now, this fails as there is no $monster[The Bonerdagon]. So I cannot determine the .random_modifiers mask without hard coding special cases... and it breaks my consult script because $monster[] is unknown.

Can it set $monster[] and .random_modifiers mask just like it does for other monsters and masks?

(I can work around this, but it is not ideal. and my workarounds would likely be not as good as an internal Mafia workaround)