Bug CCS occasionally fires when I'm manually adventuring

antipasta

When I'm manually adventuring, and killing monsters with a CCS by hitting mafia's "script" button in the relay browser CAB, the CCS will sometimes fire on its own when I enter combat.

A "normal" combat where I kill the monster by triggering the CCS myself looks like this in the log file:
Code:
[23068] Gingerbread Upscale Retail District
Encounter: gingerbread gentrifier
Round 0: antimarty wins initiative!
Round 1: antimarty tries to steal an item!
Round 2: antimarty executes a macro!

The problematic ones where mafia doesn't wait for me to trigger the CCS look like this, with a line about "strategy":
Code:
[23073] Gingerbread Upscale Retail District
Encounter: gingerbread tech bro
Strategy: D:\marty\kol\kolmafia\ccs\plink.ccs [default]
Round 0: antimarty wins initiative!
Round 0: antimarty tries to steal an item! (auto-attack)
Round 1: antimarty executes a macro!

... the problem being that sometimes I don't want to immediately kill the monster, but rather cast Macrometeorite or Olfaction or whatever.

It only happens on maybe 5% or 10% of my combats. I can imagine it being a browser issue, instead of mafia directly, but maybe the line about "Strategy:" would still explain what mafia is seeing that triggers it.

Darzil

Developer
So, I can't so far see where this might happen.
That line appears (should appear) only when automating combat, when FightRequest.isAutomatingFight = true, which is set when running a FightRequest (but from Relay Browser the relay browser should run it and FightRequest merely parse it.

I'd recommend checking which scripts you are running and seeing if one might be trying to run fights?

antipasta

I'd recommend checking which scripts you are running and seeing if one might be trying to run fights?

I don't have any scripts running that should be doing anything, no pre-adventure, no post-adventure, no recovery, and none of the options like "Run betweenBattleScript before manual adventures" are set. I usually have autoattack set to pickpocket, but it happens even with no autoattack, and I can't think of anything else that might be deliberately acting.

It seems very random to me, as if the browser sometimes double clicks on that script button, and a command to automate a fight gets queued up. I don't know that that actually makes sense, though.

Last edited:

antipasta

I'd like to bump this; this is still a problem that I run into every day.

As far as I can tell, it only happens when:
- I ran the previous combat with the "script" button in the combat action bar
- and I start the new combat with either the "script/again" button that mafia provides, or the normal "again" bar button.

For example, I don't see any problems when:
- I run the previous combat manually with combat bar buttons for skills, items, or native macros
- I start the new combat with the native adventure again links, either bottom of combat page or char panel

So this is an issue with how mafia handles its combat bar script button, and the "again button".