Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Session Log Folder Support

I think the real value of the logs is the ability to retroactively spade using them. If they cannot be accessed by KoLmafia, they are much less useful.

Upon reflection, I think I’m happy with getting gzip support implemented. That’s effective enough to ensure logs don’t take up a significant amount of storage.

I think the real value of the logs is the ability to retroactively spade using them. If they cannot be accessed by KoLmafia, they are much less useful.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    They can be readily accessed in KoLmafia and nothing KoLmafia did changed their utility or accessibility. You made the decision to make your logs less accessible by compressing them.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Developer

Upon reflection, I think Iím happy with getting gzip support implemented. Thatís effective enough to ensure logs donít take up a significant amount of storage.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    I don't know about you, but I don't think I've ever used session_logs() for retroactive spading. I either manually take notes (if I'm doing something that requires a small number of carefully-selected datapoints, e.g. determining damage mitigation scaling), write to a (shared) datafile, or just (z)grep through session logs.