Mac OS Mafia help

pyro_grl

Hey,

I just moved to a MacBook Pro, and I've successfully downloaded mafia to my new computer. But I've noticed some of the layout is a little different from the PC version. I don't see the option for a pulldown menu for Scripts, so I'm confused on how we run them?

Any hints or directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pyro_grl

Nevermind!

I found it!

LoL, I've only had this computer for a couple days.

Thread can be deleted!

Saklad5

Congratulations on the new computer. While this is unprompted, there’s a few things you might want to know about KoLmafia on non-Windows systems.

Unlike Windows, which conventionally stores every part of a program (and its data) in the same folder as the executable, macOS stores program files in a special user folder. Files the program actually needs to run, like graphics or compiled code, are stored inside the application. Files with “.app” extensions are actually folders in disguise, and the equivalent of a .exe on Windows is actually kept inside that.

For KoLmafia, the ~/Library/Application\ Support/KoLmafia folder is where you’ll find scripts, settings, and everything else. Even if you delete KoLmafia, that will still be there. If you ever want to move to a different computer, just copy that folder. The application itself doesn’t have any of your data in it.

Oh, and you should set up Time Machine immediately, unless you have some other backup system for your computer. That way, you can mess around and learn the ropes without permanent consequences.