Bug - Fixed Crafting adventure cost warnings don't take free crafts into account

Malibu Stacey

During my last run I noticed I kept getting warned about using adventures to craft things even though I have Expert Corner Cutter perm'd.
When crafting milk of magnesium, Knob Cake & Unstable Fulminate I got the warning that it would cost me 1 adventure to craft each of those items. Once I ok'd the message, the item was crafted without costing me any adventures & my uses of free crafting were decremented as expected.

AlbinoRhino

Also, Expert Corner Cutter doesn't appear to work with 0 adventures left. Even in the browser you will get a "You don't have time..." message (or something similar, I don't recall the exact wording).

That is, you need to have at least 1 adventure available to craft something, even though it won't be used by the crafting.

Darzil

Developer
Expert corner cutter is a KOL bug, reported it months ago. It doesn’t act like other similar skills or items and requires you to have adventures spare.

I’ll look into changing the message when you have free crafts though. A warning is still appropriate I think?

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Actually, issue is with Expert Corner-Cutter currently being thought not to be allowed in Standard. I presume you are seeing this in standard?

Am investigating.

Darzil

Developer
I must be missing something, but not sure what.

When used in ConcoctionDatabase.getFreeCraftingTurns(), StandardRequest.isAllowed( "Skill", "Expert Corner-Cutter" ) is returning false (added a KoLmafia.updateDisplay to show it).

But ash is_unrestricted( $skill[Expert Corner-Cutter] ) is returning true.