Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Autoprice items in mall?

Developer

Nice one, and does a good job of scraping coldfront.

I wouldn't advise using the Coldfront average price for anything, though, as it's an average for the last 30 minutes in which any sold. So for example, 2740 clovers were sold in the last 24 hours, at an average of 969 meat. However, 2 sold at 201 in the last 30 minutes, so average given is 201 !
    Last edited by Darzil; 07-21-2018 at 07:26 PM.

Nice one, and does a good job of scraping coldfront.

I wouldn't advise using the Coldfront average price for anything, though, as it's an average for the last 30 minutes in which any sold. So for example, 2740 clovers were sold in the last 24 hours, at an average of 969 meat. However, 2 sold at 201 in the last 30 minutes, so average given is 201 !
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Spot prices!

So, while were are talking about markets. I've been frustrated by certain scripts that find the "most expensive" item, grab that, then put it in the mall only to have it never sell, because without knowing demand, it is hard to say what something is really worth. So for these items, I've started undercutting the mafia price (5th thing) by 5%. Yes, I'll even undercut myself if my own items aren't selling. This seems wasteful, but it isn't, because I'll drive any not selling item down until it sells or is cheaper than something else that sells. I'm a market marker. lol

because without knowing demand
    Originally Posted by Crowther View Post
    That is why CFStat reports volume data from Coldfront. You have to figure out how to relate past sales volume to future demand but at least you can pretend your guess has some basis in data.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post