Thread: Up-arrowing a buff while autoadventuring confuses mafia

Default Up-arrowing a buff while autoadventuring confuses mafia

I told mafia to spend 40 adventures in the Dread Castle, and 4 adv after it started, I used the relay browser to hit the up-arrow on the Trivia Master buff, since I noticed it was running low. The cli reported:
    > CURRENT: adv 40 dread castle
    > QUEUED 1: use 1 Trivial Avocations Card: What?, 1 Trivial Avocations Card: When?, 1 Trivial Avocations Card: Who?, 1 Trivial Avocations Card: Where?
    But it quit counting the adventures it was spending, adventuring over and over while saying "Request 4 of 40".

I tried it again, and the same thing happened.

Developer

Yeah, using relay browser while automating doesn’t end well. Use a mood to keep up buffs perhaps?

Its pretty odd that this would happen. Id expect it to just add to the queue and let the automation continue.

Developer

You might expect that, but what you do in the relay browser is submitted immediately.

Yeah, using relay browser while automating doesn’t end well. Use a mood to keep up buffs perhaps?
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    I do use a mood; this was just a case of a specific buff for a specific area that I didn't want to run out.

The real issue for me isn't that a buff would run out - it's that an innocent click, that doesn't give any error msg or sign of a problem, will cause mafia to waste all of my remaining adventures. I think that issue should be fixed, even if using the relay browser up-arrow still doesn't work.

Developer

Do you have the session logs or debug logs?

At present a fix is trying to multi thread safe everything, or proxy all relay commands so that they happen only after scripts finish (so your command would be ignored - but also we'd struggle to support new content, as it might not work at all until we add it), or can somehow stop a script in a safe place, happen, and then restart scripts.

This is not an area of knowledge for me, but is a significant rewrite of all base code.

Do you have the session logs or debug logs?

At present a fix is trying to multi thread safe everything, or proxy all relay commands so that they happen only after scripts finish (so your command would be ignored - but also we'd struggle to support new content, as it might not work at all until we add it), or can somehow stop a script in a safe place, happen, and then restart scripts.

This is not an area of knowledge for me, but is a significant rewrite of all base code.
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    The logs don't show anything, but it seems like a simpler bug than that. It's not a typical click on the relay browser that executes right away in parallel with the auto-adventuring - it's the mafia-added increase buff arrow that queues up a mafia command. And the cCLI claims that it's queued up, and it doesn't try to execute the command - it just loses track of its adventure counting for some reason.