Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July IotM - Cat Burglar (Familiar)

Developer

Added the code, with some changes for heists across rollover, and took out the correction code as it was a bit overzealous for reasons I haven't worked out yet.

r18716

catBurglarBankHeists seems to not update properly over rollover, from time to time. Right now mafia shows "0/10 to heist", but I have one heist saved from day one. My properties are:
    Code:
    _catBurglarCharge = 0
    _catBurglarHeistsComplete = 0
    catBurglarBankHeists = 0

Developer

I guess we need to know what they were yesterday also, in order to find the bug !

I guess we need to know what they were yesterday also, in order to find the bug !
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    It may be related to an off-by-one bug in how mafia tracks heists.

When _catBurglarCharge is 10, the charpane lists "heist time!" and lets you steal an item. But, mafia says "10/10 to heist", and doesn't count it as a heist (0/1 heists) until _catBurglarCharge is 11.

This also happens at _catBurglarCharge = 30. I previously used the first heist (_catBurglarHeistsComplete = 1), and when mafia says "20/20 to heist", the charpane says "heist time!" and I can steal something.

This may also appear at 40/40, 80/80, etc.

Developer

Aha! r18717 - You must have been at 10, 30, 70, 150 etc turns of _catBurglarCharge the day before, with a heist unused.

I would like to suggest that Unused Heists be added to the "Common Stuff You Didn't Do" section of the ascend.php decorations.

There are a couple of Burglar/Sleep mask messages that mafia misses, so mafia adds one charge where the game adds two:

Code:
    Get away from me, Java! takes advantage of the downtime to grab a few z's.
    Get away from me, Java! disguises himself as someone who is asleep. Or... maybe he's just asleep.
    Mafia does correctly track this message:
    Code:
    Get away from me, Java! grabs a quick nap with his sleep mask, so he'll be fresh for the upcoming heist.

Developer

Hopefully added last night.

I tried it on two chars, two heists apiece, and it looks like it counted all the charge messages correctly.

But for the second heist on one character, the game was ready to heist when mafia registered 19/20. I think I got a double charge when I was at 9/10, and mafia set it to 0/20 but the game called it 1/20.

Developer

Maybe one isn't working then, as Mafia just counts total charge internally, so it doesn't ever decrement in that way.