Thread: Auto adventure in "Island: Belowdecks" for "1 Talisman o' Namsilat" gives error

Default Auto adventure in "Island: Belowdecks" for "1 Talisman o' Namsilat" gives error

Auto adventure in "Island: Belowdecks" for "1 Talisman o' Namsilat" gives weird error. It makes it, but a weird thing is going on and it prints up an error errorlog file.

Code:
    [834] Belowdecks
    Encounter: gaudy pirate
    Round 0: taltamir wins     initiative!
    Round 0: taltamir casts SLICE!
    Round 1: gaudy pirate     takes 233 damage.
    Round 1: gaudy pirate drops 16 attack power.
    Round     1: taltamir wins the fight!
    You gain 112 Meat
    You acquire an item:     gaudy key
    After Battle: You gain 10 Strengthliness
    After Battle: You     gain 31 Enchantedness
    After Battle: You gain 7 Chutzpah

Verifying     ingredients for Talisman o' Namsilat (1)...
    Verifying ingredients for     snakehead charrrm (2)...
    Creating snakehead charrrm (1 of 2)...
    You     acquire an item: snakehead charrrm
    Successfully created snakehead     charrrm (1)
    You acquire an item: snakehead charrrm
    Verifying     ingredients for Talisman o' Namsilat (1)...
    Creating Talisman o'     Namsilat (1)...
    You acquire an item: Talisman o' Namsilat
    Successfully     created Talisman o' Namsilat (1)
    Unexpected error, debug log printed.
    Successfully     created snakehead charrrm (-1)
    Using 1 gaudy key     doesn't make anything interesting.
    Creating snakehead charrrm (2     of 2)...
    Using 1 gaudy key doesn't make anything     interesting.
    Conditions satisfied after 7 adventures.
    It seems like it first uses the 2 keys, then makes talisman o namsilat, then tries to use the 2 keys a second time?

There is a similar report out there and I decided I was not going to fix it because my only idea for a fix would break things.

Basically KoLmafia will autocreate the Tailsman when it is allowed to auto create and it recognizes it has the parts. What I recall was that if the stars aligned KoLmafia would instantly create the Tailsman when the second key dropped. It does so and then control flows back to the 'adventure goal' where it again tries to create the Tailsman but now fails because the ingredients have been consumed.

I think, if the error really bothers you, you can set autocreate to true and then use 2 gaudy key as the goal. Or maybe two snakehead charms...

Maybe the default goal should be changed to 2 gaudy keys instead of a talisman.

Maybe the default goal should be changed to 2 gaudy keys instead of a talisman.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    I was wondering about that but I haven't figured out what happens if one was already used and so there is one snakehead charm. I have a recollection I ended up with a Tailsman and one charm in that case...
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I was wondering about that but I haven't figured out what happens if one was already used and so there is one snakehead charm. I have a recollection I ended up with a Tailsman and one charm in that case...
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    wouldn't using both "or" and "sum" work?
    Have 1 talisman
    OR
    Have sum of charm's and keys equal or greater than 2.

As for the conflict with auto create thing and no clean resolution... wouldn't a check for auto create setting when hitting begin work?
    If on, then call on a function that target acquiring the components as per above. If off, then call on a function that performs the crafting (current one).
    Last edited by taltamir; 07-03-2018 at 03:46 AM.

As for the conflict with auto create thing and no clean resolution... wouldn't a check for auto create setting when hitting begin work?
    If on, then call on a function that target acquiring the components as per above. If off, then call on a function that performs the crafting (current one).
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    Feel free to take a look at the code (should be in session/ResultProcessor.java). Multiple people have given up on it.

http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?22...light=Tailsman

I'll gladly review someone else's patch but this no longer bothers me personally enough to do the research necessary to construct and verify a working patch.

I do not recall the goals syntax but if there is a goal that would stop at two keys or two charms or one of each I can't see any harm in adding it to the list. I'm not comfortable with making it the default because using it requires a user to know the a recipe for the Talisman to understand what the goal is going to accomplish (i.e. get the components but what happens next is based on the autocreate setting). The goal of Talisman will get a Tailaman and may, depending upon settings, generate a debug log. Gee, did I just make this a feature and the expected behavior? :-)