Bug - Fixed Bounty issue with hickory daiquiris from Sorrowful Hickories in the Clumsiness Grove

taltamir

The special bounty to get 6 hickory daiquiris from Sorrowful Hickories in the Clumsiness Grove has some weirdness about it in base kol which in turn causes issues with mafia's automation

1. When you defeat a sorrowful hickory there is no message from baseline kol about receiving one and advancing the bounty, it doesn't show up in inventory either but I think none of the bounties do?
2. Defeating a sorrowful hickory does actually silently increment the number of hickory daiquiris found according to the bounty hunter hunter interface, and you can successfully complete this bounty by just killing 6.

The issues this causes in mafia:
A. If using automation set to get 1 filthy lucre, it will auto abort after every single sorrowful hickory fought with the error message that it failed to drop expected bounty item.
B. Daily deeds /inventory seems to be confused a bit since it actually decrements 6 of this non existing item when you turn in the bounty. But this is utterly trivial and not worth bothering with. I am only listing it for completeness sake

I am going to file a bug report, and hopefully it will start dropping the item. But if not, then a workaround could be to check the bounty hunter hunter every time that expected item did not drop to see if he reports an increment in the bounty progress.

Last edited:

xKiv

1. When you defeat a sorrowful hickory there is no message from baseline kol about receiving one and advancing the bounty, it doesn't show up in inventory either but I think none of the bounties do?

Does that (that=no message) happen only there, or is it caused by Anapests?

taltamir

Good question, I do not know, but will endeavor to test it if I get the chance.
Yeah. no KOL message, it's been a KOL bug since the day it was first seen.
Thanks for informing me. Well in that case it likely won't be fixed anytime soon.
What are your thoughts in regards to my workaround suggestion?

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
"check the bounty hunter hunter every time that expected item did not drop"

Server hit, I presume?

Erich

How about if currentSpecialBountyItem = hickory daiquiri, create a pref of SorrowfulHickoryBeat, or something along those lines. No need to hit the BHH after every fight with an internal check.

Darzil

Developer
r18680 adds an ugly hack that assumes the first six Sorrowful Hickory you kill, when on the bounty, drop the bounty item. Untested.

taltamir

I finally got out of jarlsberg run (that one is brutal!) and tested it using
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Groose_grease

I went looking for towelgeists in haunted kitchen, and neckbeard giant in castle in the clouds basement. In both cases the bounty item failed to drop at the end of combat, resulting in mafia error. But checking the bounty hunter hunter shows it did actually increment the count despite that.

So it seems that anapests cause all bounty items to have this issue.

Last edited: