Bug maximizer silent nightlight issue

Darzil

Developer
-Tiebreaker means that it doesn't use the tiebreaker expression to compare items.
Ties are still broken by:
Lower B count (in Bees hate you)
Preferring item droppers
Preferring meat droppers
Preferring rollover effects
Preferring unbreakables
Preferring worn
Preferring items you don't have to buy
Preferring fewer B's (in Bees Hate You)
Prefer items you have

So working as intended, but perhaps not as expected.

taltamir

So I guess the more general question is, which others of these should be ignored by -tie ?
Thank you.
That is a pretty long list of tie breakers that are hardcoded outside of the tiebreaker function. I have a question... if you do not use -tie, what additional things are used to break ties beyond the list you gave?

This is particularly noticeable for bodyparts where the score is 0. That is, if you are doing "cold res, -tie", and you do not own a pair of pants that gives cold res, it might still use the above tiebreakers and swap out your already worn pants (which you are probably wearing for a reason).

I can see the usefulness of most of those tiebreakers, but that is what the tiebreaker function is for after all. -tie is specifically informing the program that you do not want it to break ties. I can see how changing it might be a problem with people preferring things as is...
Is there perhaps a function that is a more strict version of -tie that prefers worn items over all items which have a score of 0?

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
private static final String TIEBREAKER = "1 familiar weight, 1 familiar experience, 1 initiative, 5 exp, 1 item, 1 meat, 0.1 DA 1000 max, 1 DR, 0.5 all res, -10 mana cost, 1.0 mus, 0.5 mys, 1.0 mox, 1.5 mainstat, 1 HP, 1 MP, 1 weapon damage, 1 ranged damage, 1 spell damage, 1 cold damage, 1 hot damage, 1 sleaze damage, 1 spooky damage, 1 stench damage, 1 cold spell damage, 1 hot spell damage, 1 sleaze spell damage, 1 spooky spell damage, 1 stench spell damage, -1 fumble, 1 HP regen max, 3 MP regen max, 1 critical hit percent, 0.1 food drop, 0.1 booze drop, 0.1 hat drop, 0.1 weapon drop, 0.1 offhand drop, 0.1 shirt drop, 0.1 pants drop, 0.1 accessory drop, 1 DB combat damage, 0.1 sixgun damage";

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I think there's "+current" that you can use. I don't remember if it ignores all these other tiebreakers.

Darzil

Developer
+current just makes sure that current equipment is always considered, and is the default in hardcore or ronin

taltamir

Thanks heeheehee and drazil. That was very informative. Also, logical sense! that is such a succinct phrase.

Drazil, what do you mean by "current makes equipment always considered"? I don't quite understand what always considered means here.

Darzil

Developer
Ok, the way maximizer works (which could be improved by a maths wiz who understands KoL, probably), is it makes a list of equipment that meets your request, then sorts that list from best to worst scores, then considers the best N items on that list, where N depends on a few factors (number you can use, how many are only conditionally best), plus any that as part of a set might be best. It then brute forces the remainder, which is what takes most of the time.

+current forces current equipment to be considered and go to the brute force part. By default Maxmizer sends current equipment in Ronin/Hardcore to the brute force section, where number of item combinations is probably low. By default in Aftercore it doesn't send current equipment, as it assumes you are likely to have something good for every slot and considering current also could make the brute force section take several times longer.

AlbinoRhino

I think this may be related. If little bitty bathysphere (-20 lbs) happens to be your only available generic familiar equipment, maximizer tends to want fill that slot with it. In most cases, that are not the sea, it's actually more beneficial to leave the slot empty. Not sure if/how "-tie" may/may not apply in this situation.

Darzil

Developer
Hopefully r18833 prefers nothing over items that are worse, which might fix your (possibly) unrelated issue, AlbinoRhino.