--------------------
9701	ancient pills	696010971	pill6.gif	spleen, usable	t,d	60
ancient pills	1	2	decent	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
# Item ancient pills: Restore 30-40 MP
--------------------

--------------------
9707	dieting pill	682913922	pill5.gif	spleen, usable	t,d	60
dieting pill	3	7	good	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
# Item dieting pill: Eat less, Enjoy it More!
--------------------

--------------------
9703	beefy pill	630574018	pill2.gif	spleen, usable	t,d	60
beefy pill	1	4	decent	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
Item	beefy pill	Effect: "Beefy", Effect Duration: 30
--------------------
--------------------
2354	Beefy	pill2.gif	3bfa4d9f2009a12545062a49fb474745	chew 1 beefy pill
Effect	Beefy	Damage Reduction: 10, Cold Resistance: +1, Hot Resistance: +1, Sleaze Resistance: +1, Stench Resistance: +1, Spooky Resistance: +1
--------------------

--------------------
9702	furry pill	843890316	pill7.gif	spleen, usable	t,d	60
furry pill	1	3	decent	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
furry pill	item	40	50	0	0	0
# Item furry pill: Removes a Negative Effect<br />Restores 40-50 HP
--------------------

--------------------
9705	vitamin G pill	627968432	pill4.gif	spleen, usable	t,d	60
vitamin G pill	1	6	good	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
Item	vitamin G pill	Effect: "Riboflavin'", Effect Duration: 5
--------------------
--------------------
2355	Riboflavin'	pill4.gif	c375eeec297eb33e41f9a0d2ffca569b	chew 1 vitamin G pill
# Effect Riboflavin': Pickin' Pockets like a G
--------------------

--------------------
9704	excitement pill	498109333	pill3.gif	spleen, usable	t,d	60
excitement pill	1	5	decent	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
# Item excitement pill: Get an exciting random effect!
--------------------

Still missing the lucky pill, but I didn't see any of those.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I actually have (had?) a script (requiring a custom build of mafia) to pull unknown items from the mall (using the "show items, not stores" option).
Code:
--------------------
9706	lucky pill	839340181	pill5.gif	spleen, usable	t,d	60
lucky pill	1	7	awesome	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
# Item lucky pill: Lucky!
--------------------

Erich

regarding Nightmare Fuel:

* Free rests from NF charges take precedent over other free rests, so they come first. I need to remember that so I don't burn a charge accidentally resting while I'm doing the Crypt.

* If you have free rests & NF charges remaining, and you use the Mafia daily deeds button to rest, _nightmareFuelCharges doesn't decrement. Resting by clicking your dwelling directly and not getting a nightmare message does not affect the counter either. This was tested with a multi that only had 1 free rest via skills.

* Having NF charges but no other form of free rest doesn't change your dwelling icon; it still shows (1) as if it would take an adventure. This may tie in to the second point, but I'm not sure how mafia handles free rests natively.

* I haven't seen any of the interactions with the chateau because I'm in a G run, and I don't know if it's different if you have more than 1 free (non-NF charged) rest.

I'm using r18674

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I actually have (had?) a script (requiring a custom build of mafia) to pull unknown items from the mall (using the "show items, not stores" option).
I'd use that. Heck, I'd find a way to make the core support generally available, somehow. Is the "show items, not stores" a KoL mall search option? I haven't actually been to the mall in KoL (except via KoLmafia) for many many years.

I used to search for "a" and "e" and "i" and "o" and "u" - until "O" became an item - in order to discover tradeable stuff we don't know about yet.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'd use that. Heck, I'd find a way to make the core support generally available, somehow. Is the "show items, not stores" a KoL mall search option? I haven't actually been to the mall in KoL (except via KoLmafia) for many many years.

I used to search for "a" and "e" and "i" and "o" and "u" - until "O" became an item - in order to discover tradeable stuff we don't know about yet.
Yeah, "show items, not stores" is a native mall search option.

It's not even remotely elegant, and it relies on KoL's native "New Items" mall category being correct (which isn't always the case). But, it's a simple script assuming you've turned off the mallbot protections. (Or, I suppose, it could be adapted to be innate Mafia functionality)

Code:
buffer body;
body.append(visit_url("mall.php?didadv=1&pudnuggler=&category=new&nolimits=0&justitems=0&justitems=1&sortresultsby=price&max_price=0&x_cheapest=0&start=0"));
body.append(visit_url("mall.php?didadv=1&pudnuggler=&category=new&nolimits=0&justitems=0&justitems=1&sortresultsby=price&max_price=0&x_cheapest=0&start=60"));

matcher m = create_matcher('<tr class="blackabove" id="item_(\\d+)".*?\' onclick=\'descitem\\((\\d+)\\)\'', body);
while (m.find()) {
  int id = m.group(1).to_int();
  if (id.to_item() == $item[none]) {
	cli_execute("test newitem " + m.group(2));
  }
}

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Other caveat -- items don't show up in mall search until the first copy has been added to a mall store, so make sure you don't run it _too_ soon after new content comes out. Or I guess too late, since it'll only catch the most recent ~100 items.

One of the additional benefits of showing "items, not stores" is that KoL will actually give you 60 items per page load, as opposed to 10. And, it's still useful for items that no longer exist in the mall, as well as max-priced items (which are unlisted in searches).