Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: June IoTM - SongBoom BoomBox

Could we get an adventure count tracker for when the next drop is due please?
    The counter isn't specific to each song so knowing when to switch from one song to another to get a specific item will be useful.

Cheers.

Could we get an adventure count tracker for when the next drop is due please?
    The counter isn't specific to each song so knowing when to switch from one song to another to get a specific item will be useful.

Cheers.
    Originally Posted by Malibu Stacey View Post
    This looks harder than I expected. Checking for songboombox.gif in processTable() (in FightRequest) can get the song message easily enough. If an item drops there, it's easy enough to reset the counter to 0. If an item doesn't drop... the counter should only advance if the fight wasn't free. The song line will advance every time if the fight isn't free, but two of the songs have repeated lyrics, and the song could be switched. Technically, turns played could be used, but that isn't the most reliable thing based on turns_spent updating being wrong sometimes (probably due to the timing difference between loading charpane.php for manual adventuring and api.php for automated adventuring?).

Technically, turns played could be used, but that isn't the most reliable thing based on turns_spent updating being wrong sometimes (probably due to the timing difference between loading charpane.php for manual adventuring and api.php for automated adventuring?).
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    I don't think you can use turns played as the item drop counter seems to increment on ending a combat which costs an adventure. So for example, the ride non-combat at Barf Mountain will not increment it. I tested this with a timer for 11 adventures & it seems consistent.

Also I just started a new run & got my first item drop after my 2nd adventure costing combat which was a War Frat 151st Infantryman I got from Calculate the Universe (before that I fought a wished Writing Desk). I had 20+ free fights before that and 1 free runaway (Asdon Martin banish on a Bar in the Spooky Forest). If anyone else can confirm when their first drop appears after ascending it would be most appreciated.

Developer

Lost added Nightmare tracking on the 17th (and it's working for me, including when both gravy boat and nightmare are used), and it appears to be working.
    Given we don't expect to be able to reliably tell when turns aren't spent, have we anything else we plan to add ?