New Content - Implemented G Lover

taltamir

And did you have no other back item ? Maximizer likes to fill in the gaps.
I don't remember anymore. I will try to test this.

This said, it should not create items specifically to fill a gap, even if you choose to search for createable items

That is debatable, because there are a number of slots where you benefit from having something, anything at all, even if it doesn't give any enchantments. That said, back slot isn't one of them.
And if you don't have any items for a slot, creating something to fill it does mean you get maximum use out of it: better there then some other, hotly contested slot.

taltamir

That is debatable, because there are a number of slots where you benefit from having something, anything at all, even if it doesn't give any enchantments. That said, back slot isn't one of them.
And if you don't have any items for a slot, creating something to fill it does mean you get maximum use out of it: better there then some other, hotly contested slot.
You are referring to the hat and pants slot which give damage reduction via Power? shield slot base damage reduction, and weapon slot base damage?
as you said, back slot is not such a slot. And I was talking about items with enchantment. Also, to be honest if someone was trying to maximize those things they would have done so.

If we are talking enchantment, a decent amount of items have a tradeoff that might not be suited for you at that very moment... actually this very example is exactly of one such item. The Carpe back slot item that increases combat frequency, this is sometimes useful in some quests, but usually harmful in most quests where you want to increase noncombats instead

Also, we are talking specifically about creating, which costs resources (for example, your 1/day floundry use). And specifically creating to fill space rather than to fulfil the actual maximization string. Creating to fulfill the specific maximization request being made is reasonable, creating stuff that does not even do anything for the maximization request just to fill slots is burning resources that are best conserved for other things.

Darzil

Developer
I'm tempted to look at this, and have a rule prior to tiebreaker to prefer nothing over an item you don't have in inventory.

But you have deliberately ticked "create", and that needs to be used with care. There is a reason it is not default.

taltamir

I'm tempted to look at this, and have a rule prior to tiebreaker to prefer nothing over an item you don't have in inventory.

But you have deliberately ticked "create", and that needs to be used with care. There is a reason it is not default.
Fair enough... actually I think create, pull, and buy should be 3 seperate checkboxes instead of a radio button where a "higher" one includes all the lower ones....

Also we went a bit on the tangent, the main and obvious bug is that create is creating g-less items in a g run

edit: actually IIRC, I did not click on create, I clicked on "pull", which automatically includes create.

Last edited:

taltamir

If you have "remove malignant status effects" during a g lover run, it will try to remove status effects that are bad in other runs but harmless here.
Most notably, the beaten up status effect is completely harmless in g lovers and removing it is a waste of resources.

Last edited:

taltamir

Trying to use item manager to drink
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Infinitesimal_IPA
from the gnomish microbrewery during HC glover gives an error and prints the following debug log
Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
        KoLmafia v17.12 r18751, Windows 10, Java 1.8.0_181
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread of KoL's
 Gameplay-Discussion forum. If you would like the KoLmafia dev team
 to look at it, please write a bug report at kolmafia.us. Include
 specific information about what you were doing when you made this
 and include this log as an attachment.
 Timestamp: Tue Aug 14 22:10:05 MDT 2018

Unexpected error, debug log printed.
class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.KoLCharacter.hasGs(KoLCharacter.java:2905)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.ItemDatabase.unusableInGLover(ItemDatabase.java:2448)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.UseItemRequest.maximumUses(UseItemRequest.java:470)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.UseItemRequest.maximumUses(UseItemRequest.java:417)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItemAmount(ItemManagePanel.java:521)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItems(ItemManagePanel.java:413)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.ItemManagePanel.getDesiredItems(ItemManagePanel.java:358)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.UseItemEnqueuePanel$ExecuteListener.execute(UseItemEnqueuePanel.java:385)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:239)
    at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$SequencedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:418)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Darzil

Developer
If you have "remove malignant status effects" during a g lover run, it will try to remove status effects that are bad in other runs but harmless here.
Most notably, the beaten up status effect is completely harmless in g lovers and removing it is a waste of resources.

r18753, untested.

taltamir

Try r18758 which is less totally wrong.
I am not sure if it is related to the above but... If I logged in with 30 meat where infinitesimal IPA from the gnomish brewery cost 100. I then farmed 326 meat and it won't show up. I hit refresh and also tried closing and opening the items menu, nothing. I had to restart mafia for it to show up.

Last edited:

taltamir

Another, different issue cropped out with the gnomish microbrewery. I can use the item manager to drink infinitesimal IPA (local brews). But todays special is "lavawater" and clicking on it just makes the screen blink. There is no gCLI feedback either. It has G in the name of the buff it gives, but not G in its own name

taltamir

Hopefully r18776 fixes this.
Still happening unfortunately. I got "Saison du Lune (300 Meat)" on the gnomish microbrewery. and it causes the same window blinking but not consuming issue. Couldn't test it yesterday since I got "gin and tonic" which has a G in it (which is why it was consumed just fine)