Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Quests > Hedge Maze Traps" infinite loop burns all adventures bug

Thank you for the fix. I just tested it, I indeed got the message "you won't survive" asking if I am sure I want to proceed.
    I had forgotten to disable auto recovery script for the test, but even with it I still failed and it still auto halted... anyways, this is the results I got

You are currently in room 0 and it will take you 4 turns to clear the maze.
    Restoring HP! Currently at 114 of 151 HP, 149 of 149 MP, current meat: 34000 ... Target HP = 151.
    Casting Shake It Off 1 times...
    You gain 37 hit points
    Shake It Off was successfully cast.
    Entering the Hedge Maze...

[1160] The Hedge Maze (Room 1)
    Encounter: 'Allo

[1161] The Hedge Maze (Room 4)
    Encounter: Pooling Your Resources
    You lose 136 hit points
    You lose 120 hit points
    Requests complete.
    As you can see, it has successfully stopped when I failed after spending 2 adventures only.

Can't really test this for all 15 possible results since mafia log doesn't seem to indicate which of those I got. But it seems to work.

BTW, can someone mark this bug as fixed? its still marked as open.

Developer

Great! Generally don't mark as fixed until verified fixed, and you just have!

Great! Generally don't mark as fixed until verified fixed, and you just have!
    Originally Posted by Darzil View Post
    Thank you.

I actually just had an idea. Can you modify it so that when it does auto stop, it informs you which room and energy type brought you to zero by printing it to the CLI?

This way I could test until I confirm all 15 possible options result in a stop. Since, as you said, you used wiki text for it and thus can't be 100% sure it works for all the 15 failure possibilities.
    ... or, actually would it be 15? there are 5 energy type possibilities per room, but regardless of what the energy type is you still lose. So would it be just testing all 3 possible failure rooms?

Developer

All that information is held in preferences:
    currentHedgeMazeRoom - current room, 1 to 9.
    nsChallenge3 - element of first trap
    nsChallenge4 - element of second trap
    nsChallenge5 - element of third trap

All that information is held in preferences:
    currentHedgeMazeRoom - current room, 1 to 9.
    nsChallenge3 - element of first trap
    nsChallenge4 - element of second trap
    nsChallenge5 - element of third trap
    I do not understand what you are saying here.
    The element of the room is randomly rolled for by KoL... what does kolmafia preferences have to do with it?
    Or are you saying that kolmafia records the last element encountered in that room into the preferences file?

I do not understand what you are saying here.
    The element of the room is randomly rolled for by KoL... what does kolmafia preferences have to do with it?
    Or are you saying that kolmafia records the last element encountered in that room into the preferences file?
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    The element is chosen when you start your ascension. If you have an upgraded telescope, you can see it long before you reach the tower, and those preferences track it. I don't know if those preferences are useful without a telescope.

Developer

The element is chosen when you start your ascension. If you have an upgraded telescope, you can see it long before you reach the tower, and those preferences track it. I don't know if those preferences are useful without a telescope.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Without the telescope they are set when you see them, so once you've hit the encounter and been defeated, they are relevant.

Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Without the telescope they are set when you see them, so once you've hit the encounter and been defeated, they are relevant.
    Thanks for clarifying, I do not have a telescope.

so just to be clear, it is randomized per ascension, but will not change between attempts on the same ascension, and will populate when I encounter it?
    what would be the CLI command to look it up? I know "set" can be used to change a setting but not how to print it to the CLI

Thanks for clarifying, I do not have a telescope.

what would be the CLI command to look it up? I know "set" can be used to change a setting but not how to print it to the CLI
    Originally Posted by taltamir View Post
    The "get" cli command will display the current value of the specified property. See "help get" for additional details.

The "get" cli command will display the current value of the specified property. See "help get" for additional details.
    Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    Thank you.

I don't understand why but for some reason I am unable to prevent it from auto healing before entering the maze. Even when disabling all scripts which I think should have done it, it still automatically casts shake it off each time i run the hedge maze script. So it is impossible to fail on the first step. Probably on purpose as part of this fix.

Testing:

get nsChallenge3
    The Hedge Maze (Room 1) - 'Allo:
    Can't fail so long as it auto heals before entering.

get nsChallenge4
    The Hedge Maze (Room 4) - Pooling Your Resources:
    hot - successfully autoaborts on failure
    stench - successfully autoaborts on failure
    spooky - successfully autoaborts on failure

get nsChallenge5
    The Hedge Maze (Room 7) - Of Mouseholes and Manholes:
    stench - successfully autoaborts on failure
    sleaze - successfully autoaborts on failure
    spooky - successfully autoaborts on failure
    hot - successfully autoaborts on failure
    Last edited by taltamir; 07-15-2018 at 10:01 PM.