Outfit Switching

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I ran Ezandora's FantasyRealm script, which worked fine. It left the FantasyRealm G.E.M. equipped. I then ran Veracity's Meat Farm script and walked away to refill my coffee cup. When I returned I noticed my stats were low because the G.E.M was still equipped. I stopped scripts. I switched to an outfit with the G.E.M. in Gear Changer and then to the Meat Drop outfit and the G.E.M. had been unequipped. I was surprised at this so I put on the G.E.M. outfit on in Gear Changer and then brought up the Relay Browser and switched to the Meat Drop outfit. As I expected it could not equip everything because the G.E.M. reduced stats were too low for some equipment.

If everything happened as I just described I think it suggests that there are two paths to change outfits, one used by Gear Changer and the other used by the Relay Browser and possibly Veracity's script. I could argue that they should do the same thing when an outfit cannot be equipped. I could argue that some stat reducing items should always be unequipped before changing outfits which could be done automagically by mafia. A Best Practice by script writers who need the items equipped might be to unequip them at exit. Being argumentative today, I could argue that the failure to equip all the components of a defined outfit should be an abort in the context of a script. Or I could just learn about these things the hard way and remember to manually unequip the G.E.M, Personal Ventilation unit, etc.

Thoughts?

Ezandora

The FantasyRealm G. E. M. limits stats? It's weird how you have to have that equipped to access the rubee store. Script updated to unequip on exit.