New Content - Implemented May's IotM: God Lobster

Malibu Stacey

Can we get the 3 free fights tracking added to the Fights entry in the Daily Deeds (where Snojo, Witchess et al are listed) so dumbasses like me don't forget to use them at the start of their runs please?

taltamir

God Lobster challange fights do not trigger automatic restore

If mafia is set to automatically restore HP/MP via the "HP/MP Usage" tab of automation, it does not apply those when challenging your God Lobster familiar

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Maybe this is a "Bug". Or maybe it is unfinished support for the God Lobster.

Since that IOTM thread is not marked "implemented" yet, I'm going to go with the latter.

Merging into the correct thread.

Darzil

Developer
I've got some code (that I didn't expect to work) that means the before battle scripting runs, but unfortunately it currently breaks the logging, so will work more on it before I commit. Will try to add Witchess handling too, as that's caught me out a few times!

zarqon

Not a big issue, but BatBrain has pointed out to me that mafia does not yet know the various images for the God Lobster.

Warning: image 'godlob_rod.gif' does not match monster 'God Lobster' (godlob.gif).

A quick review of the proxy records shows that only godlob.gif is known.

Also, is this "null" desired behavior? If so, no worries, but thought I would ask.

Round 3: zarqon casts LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
Round 4: God Lobster takes 334 damage.
Round 4: You gain 6 hit points
Round 4: zarqon wins the fight!
After Battle: You gain 7 Strengthliness
After Battle: You gain 105 Muscleboundness
After Battle: You gain 50 Magicalness
After Battle: You gain 90 Roguishness
Warning: image 'godlob_rod.gif' does not match monster 'God Lobster' (godlob.gif).
Factoid saved: you now have found 3 factoids for God Lobster.

[932] null
Encounter: Granted a Boon
Monster information loaded from cache.
Factoring in Jalapeño Saucesphere: 3 damage, retal
Factoring in Scarysauce: (6) damage, retal
Factoring in Spiky Shell: 3 damage, retal
Base round: 0 damage, -9 (263) player damage, 0 meat
ATT: 516 (94% × 16.46, death in 85)
DEF: 745 (13.36% × 59.81 (15) (40), win in 33)
HP: 558, Value: 2,270.75 μ, RES: 0.36 (0.36) (0.36) (0.36) (0.36) (0.36), Happenings: 4, ID: 2088
Info: mafia's monster name 'God Lobster' does not match KoL's monster name 'Granted a Boon'.
Parsed round number: 286878 (real: 1)
You acquire an item: God Lobster's Robe

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You can check your guesses: go to the Encyclopedia, open the Monsters tab, select the God Lobster, and cycle through the available images.

Darzil

Developer
Well, I see the images, so I guess that's a good sign!

Nice feature. I hadn't realised one can click on the entries. And I presume that one works against cache, as you don't need to be logged in to see the detail on an entry.

Malibu Stacey

_godLobsterFights should be incremented when using a Dish of Clarified Butter as well as fighting the God Lobster from the terrarium. The counter is shared between both (I had 2 fights from using dishes of clarified butter and one from the terrarium & can't fight any more today from either method) and people who don't own the familiar might want to track how many of the free fights they've used too.