Bug - Fixed "Do you want to overdrink" when at max drunkness and using mime shot glass

taltamir

When you are at max drunkness (say 19/19) and you try to drink a size 1 drink, and you own a mime army shot glass that has not been used today (1st size 1 drink a day does not increase drunkness) then mafia will ask you if you are sure you want to overdrink, even though you are not actually overdrinking.

I think it might also ask you if you are sure you want to drink without ode even though ode does not apply to mime army shotglass.

Darzil

Developer
Drank to 19, then drank another from shot glass and didn't get an overdrink message. What did you do exactly ?

taltamir

Drank to 19, then drank another from shot glass and didn't get an overdrink message. What did you do exactly ?
You are right, I just tested it too and it doesn't happen at drunkness 19.

Now that I think about it, I was playing a softcore avatar of boris ascension that is out of ronin. So it actually happened at drunkness 4/4. I just assumed that the same thing would happen at drunkness 19 and just gave it as an example.

Darzil

Developer
I'd assume that too. It always compares based on limits for a character, not absolute values.

What did you do exactly ?

taltamir

I'd assume that too. It always compares based on limits for a character, not absolute values.

What did you do exactly ?
IIRC I had drank to max using a 4 drunkness drink, then tried to drink a 1 drunkness shot. i got the warning, said yes, and remained at 4/4 drunkness afterwards.
... that or I might have drank to 4 then pulled the glass? it might have not had the time to adjust?
It has been a few days since it happened so the details are blurry.
Oh, I think the size 1 drink might have been from a store (lucky lindy) instead of inventory, could that matter?

In about a week I will be able to ascend again and I think for my next ascension I will do a regular boris ascension specifically in order to test this. If I could replicate it I could give more reliable details while its still as fresh as possible in my mind

Darzil

Developer
Hopefully r18597 fixes this alongside some other edge cases. Applies same warning code to Speakeasy as other drink locations (among other changes).

Note that KoL currently has issues of it's own where it won't allow you to use the speakeasy if you are at your limit of drunkness including the stooper.

taltamir

I just encountered it again using r18611, I think it is related to hangk pulling. I had just shattered the prism as an avatar of sneaky pete, reducing my drunkness from 24/24 to 19/19. I selected to be a turtle tamer.

I then pulled all items from hangk, including a mime shot glass. Then I drank a lucky lindy via the item manager (i used it to cast ode first, which was a mistake). And it asked me "are you sure you want to overdrink". I clicked yes, it drank 1 shot of lucky lindy and left me at 19/19 drunkness

Last edited:

taltamir

Hopefully fixed in r18612.
I just tested it and it is. Finished a pete run, dropped from 24/24 to 19/19 after breaking prism. Took it out of hangk, tried to drink a lindy and it drank with no warning. Then tried to drink a second lindy and it warned me (correctly).
So this fix works flawlessly.