Feature Maximize Passive Damage

Pazleysox

The "Plywood Cultists" in The Evil Cathedral only take passive damage. Can Passive Damage be added to Maximizer Modifier?

Last edited by a moderator:

Darzil

Developer
Seems a good idea.

There are some practical issues to agree.
Do we do a max/min like we do for things like hp/mp regen?
Do we want to worry about damage types (sometimes you want to maximize sources, not damage)?
Do we want to also cover retributive damage (what the wiki calls stinging damage) separately?
How do we handle damage that ramps up or down over time?
How do we handle things that only have a % chance to act? (Maybe just take average taking into account max, min and % chance)
Anything missing from here : http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Passive_Damage ?

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Some things are definitely missing. Ones I know about are Mayeaugh (glob of spoiled mayo), Pygmy Drinking Buddy (pygmy phone number), Spiky Shell, Boner Battalion and Pale Horse (from the Horsery). There's also the mumming trunk with a couple of costumes, but I'm not sure whether Maximizer can handle that.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Good questions.

First, I am most interested in the type of damage - passive, weapon or spell. There are a couple cases where I would use a tool to make sure I had no sources of passive damage, but usually I want as much passive damage as possible. Most of the time I want passive damage, other sources are capped so I would be maxing passive with weapon or spell up to some cap.

If I cared about damage types I'd be okay with another keyword. passive, prismatic.

I'd be OK with either using first round damage only, or coming up with some kind of damage over time calculation. I'm thinking maybe compute the average damage per round, over the first ten rounds? This also works with something that has a % to act. (Expected number of acts in ten rounds multiplied by the expected damage per act).

I wonder if treating this similar to clownosity or surgeonosity might work? Only consider equipment/items/effects that have the isPassive flag set.

I also wonder how often there will be multiple options for the same slot? There are five accessories, one back item, six offhand items and two pants. The pants only differ in whether the damage is sleaze or stench. The accessories can be ranked by damage since only one has an element and that is not player choose-able, I believe.

I don't think care for stinging damage as something the Maximizer knows about.

taltamir

The "Plywood Cultists" in The Evil Cathedral only take passive damage. Can Passive Damage be added to Maximizer Modifier?
This would be great. I actually was searching for this feature because a bunch of the LT&T office plaintive telegram bosses are also only affected by passive damage.