Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Equip Ring of Detect Boring Doors while running Daily Dungeon Daily Deed

Or even better, redesign Daily Deeds to make them reference ASH scripts instead of being hardcoded.

Developer

In the interim, while the conditions I outlined are met, could you have it abort as if a counter expired? Or just remove the aforementioned relay prompt, since it is the reason the current behavior is unexpected.
    Originally Posted by Saklad5 View Post
    Really? Remove a feature for relay players if you donít get one for your easy button?

You will now never get this feature from me.

Or even better, redesign Daily Deeds to make them reference ASH scripts instead of being hardcoded.
    Code is open source. I'll gladly review your patch.
    You just vehemently agreed with me
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    I agree with frono.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Developer

You clan do that now with a custom daily deed. It is a trivial script, just maximiser call with whatever plus equip ring of detect boring doors, set choice adventures and run adventures in the location til you get the token.

That way it works as you want. What you maximise as depends on your resources level and skills, but is probably consistent for the way you play.

Code is open source. I'll gladly review your patch.
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I will also gladly review a patch, for the purpose of pointing out the 10 edge cases it fails to consider.

Developer

Removing it is quite tempting as it is counterintuitive to have a deed button that spends turns. But it has been there so long and people hate removing a feature they use.

I use the relay myself. The reason I am asking for the prompt to be removed is that it leads to the assumption that it would also appear when using the Daily Deed. It does more harm than good, in other words.

My initial suggestion is pretty much code already. As I said then, the only reason I haven’t submitted a patch is that I am not sure what the appropriate style of implementation is.

Should I embed the code as a one-liner inside DailyDeedsPanel.java (which I doubt will be particularly readable), or should I add an ASH script and reference it? Some of the other Daily Deeds use an undocumented “Special” type. Should I use that?

Any specific suggestions about edge cases would be welcome.

Developer

So, I have a custom daily deed (code stolen from elsewhere probably) that I can use to run Ezandora's Detective script:

$CUSTOM|Command|Solve cases|_detectiveCasesCompleted|call Detective Solver.ash|3|Solve detective cases|You have solved todays cases

So, replace Solve cases with your button caption, _detectiveCasesCompleted with dailyDungeonDone, Detective Solver.ash with your new scripts name, 3 with 1, Solve detective cases with your help test, and You have solved todays cases with your completed text.

I know that would work, my question is whether that would be acceptable for a patch. I already have multiple custom Daily Deeds like that.