Feature - Rejected Equip Ring of Detect Boring Doors while running Daily Dungeon Daily Deed

Darzil

Developer
No, you wouldn't have mafia code that referenced a user script (though god knows I'm tempted with briefcase).

I'm away from my dev environment, but it's probably writing automation in DailyDungeonRequest.java (or whatever it is), and referencing it from DailyDeedsPanel.java.

Saklad5

No, the current Daily Dungeon Daily Deed just runs “adv * Daily Dungeon”. I meant that other more complicated Daily Deeds like Demon Summoning say they are “Special”.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
No, the current Daily Dungeon Daily Deed just runs “adv * Daily Dungeon”. I meant that other more complicated Daily Deeds like Demon Summoning say they are “Special”.

They are built in and run code in DailyDungeonRequest.java. If you're actually going to write a patch, you should understand the code in that file.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You seem to care a lot about a feature you don't use. I don't think this thread can accomplish much besides leading people to ignore your future feature requests.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I understand this is the internet when on any given day some people must be "Right" and other people must have "the Last Word" so I won't lock the thread even though it is tempting to do so.

I see no case for changing KoLmafia other than a desire for consistency. While consistency is sometimes a virtue, in this particular case the benefits of consistency are pretty trivial in this particular case.

There is ample precedent for rejecting a Feature Request when the feature can be easily implemented via scripts or user customization. It is possible to create a New Improved Daily Dungeon custom button that calls a script of the user's definition and adventures in the Daily Dungeon. The user will just have to press a different button in the GUI and the ring will be equipped. The user who already tweaks their outfit and then presses the existing button can continue to do so.

The Daily Deeds panel has existed for at least a decade and its purpose has evolved. If it were redesigned today it is quite likely that none of the buttons in the panel would actually use an adventure, thus removing Daily Deeds.